How Stella Got Her Groove Back (soundtrack)
|How Stella Got Her Groove Back|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||August 11, 1998|
How Stella Got Her Groove Back is the soundtrack to the 1998 film, How Stella Got Her Groove Back. It was released on August 11, 1998, through Flyte Tyme Records and consisted mainly of R&B music. The album was entirely produced by the production duo, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis with additional help from Wyclef Jean & Jerry Duplessis as well as Salaam Remi. The soundtrack peaked at number eight on the Billboard 200 albums chart and number three on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, and was certified gold on September 22, 1998, by the RIAA. Two singles were released from the album, "Luv Me, Luv Me" and "Beautiful".
- "Jazzie B. Intro- 0:14 (Jazzie B)
- "Mastablasta '98"- 4:46 (Stevie Wonder & Wyclef Jean)
- "Luv Me, Luv Me"- 5:56 (Shaggy & Janet Jackson)
- "Beautiful"- 6:29 (Mary J. Blige)
- "Never Say Never Again"- 5:21 (K-Ci & JoJo)
- "Makes Me Sweat"- 4:57 (Big Pun & Beenie Man)
- "Your Home Is in My Heart"- 5:01 (Boyz II Men & Chanté Moore)
- "Free Again"- 6:17 (Soul II Soul, Jazzie B & Caron Wheeler)
- "Make My Body Hot"- 5:17 (Diana King)
- "The Art of Seduction"- 5:07 (Maxi Priest)
- "Let Me Have You"- 3:08 (Meshell Ndegeocello)
- "Dance for Me"- 5:09 (Kevin Ford & Rufus Blaq)
- "Escape to Jamaica"- 3:46 (Lady Saw & Nadine Sutherland)
- "Jazzie's Groove"- 4:39 (Jazzie B)
|US Billboard 200||8|
|US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard)||3|
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "How Stella Got Her Groove Back - Original Soundtrack | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- "Soundtrack How Stella Got Her Groove Back Chart History". Billboard 200. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- "Soundtrack How Stella Got Her Groove Back Chart History". Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- How Stella Got Her Groove Back Soundtrack: Music From The Motion Picture at Discogs (list of releases)