How a Cowgirl Says Goodbye
|"How a Cowgirl Says Goodbye"|
|Single by Tracy Lawrence|
|from the album The Coast Is Clear|
|Released||May 26, 1997|
|Songwriter(s)||Larry Boone, Tracy Lawrence, Paul Nelson|
|Tracy Lawrence singles chronology|
"How a Cowgirl Says Goodbye" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Tracy Lawrence. It was released in May 1997 as the second single from his album The Coast Is Clear. It peaked at number 4 on the United States Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart at number 5 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart. Lawrence wrote the song with Larry Boone and Paul Nelson.
Deborah Evans Price of Billboard magazine referred to it as a "love gone wrong" song.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that "streams of Mexicali guitar flourishes add flavor." She goes on to say that Lawrence's "self-assured vocal and Cook's skilled production make for an enjoyable outing."
The music video was directed by Michael Merriman and premiered in mid-1997.
"How a Cowgirl Says Goodbye" debuted at number 67 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of May 31, 1997.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||5|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||4|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||56|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||27|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, June 7, 1997
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 3309." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. August 25, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Tracy Lawrence Chart History (Hot Country Songs)" Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1997". RPM. December 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Best of 1997: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.