How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way
|How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way|
Cover art by John Buscema
|Page count||192 pages|
|Publisher||Marvel Fireside Books|
|Date of publication||1978|
How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way is a book by Stan Lee and John Buscema. The book teaches the aspiring comic book artist how to draw and create comic books. The examples are from Marvel Comics and Buscema artwork. It was first published in 1978 by Marvel Fireside Books and has been reprinted regularly. The book created a generation of cartoonists who learned there was a "Marvel way to draw and a wrong way to draw". It is considered "one of the best instruction books on creating comics ever produced."
Some believe the "exercises in the book are silly with its stick figures, cylinders, cubes, and storytelling." Scott McCloud has cited the book as a good reference for teaching the process of making comic books.
Lee and Buscema also created a video version of the book which is now on DVD.
- Lee, Stan Buscema, John (1978), How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way. Simon & Schuster Inc.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Wolk, Douglas (2007), Reading comics: how graphic novels work and what they mean. Da Capo Press.
- Hamilton, Sue (1978), Comic Book Creators, John Buscema. ABDO Publishing Company.
- Steed, Paul (2005), Modeling a character in 3ds max. Wordware publishing Inc.
- McCloud, Scott (2006), Making comics: storytelling secrets of comics, manga and graphic novels.
|This article on a Marvel Comics title is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|