|• Total||16.8 sq mi (43.4 km2)|
|• Land||16.8 sq mi (43.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||6,716 ft (2,047 m)|
|Population (2010 census)|
|• Density||43/sq mi (16.7/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||191723|
Howard is a census-designated place and a U.S. post office in Fremont County, Colorado, United States. The population as of the 2010 census was 723. The Howard Post Office has the ZIP code 81233.
Howard is located in southwestern Fremont County at Arkansas River, not far from the geographic center, or precise east-west, north-south middle point of Colorado. U.S. Route 50 passes through the CDP, leading northwest 13 miles (21 km) to Salida and east 46 miles (74 km) to Cañon City, the Fremont County seat. Howard is bordered to the southeast by Coaldale.(38.448749,-105.834560), along the
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Howard CDP has an area of 16.8 square miles (43.4 km2), all land. The CDP boundaries extend southwest from the Arkansas River Valley up the eastern slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Range within San Isabel National Forest.
|This Colorado-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- Dawson, John Frank. Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 27.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Howard CDP, Colorado". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved April 21, 2016.