February 24, 1956 |
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
|Occupation||Author, media pundit, publicist|
Howard Bragman (born February 24, 1956) is an American public relations practitioner, television pundit, writer and lecturer.
Life and career
Bragman was born to a Jewish family and raised in Flint, Michigan, the son of Myrna (Wolin) and Leonard Bragman. He graduated with a B.A from the University of Michigan in 1978. After serving as a vice president in the Chicago and Los Angeles offices of Burson-Marsteller Public Relations, Bragman founded Bragman Nyman Cafarelli (BNC) in 1989. In 2001, BNC was purchased by Interpublic Group, a holding company for marketing firms. In 2005, Bragman established Fifteen Minutes, a strategic media and public relations agency. Bragman was an Adjunct Professor in Public Relations at the University of Southern California’s Annenberg Center for Communication from 1998 to 2003. He is the author of the book, "Where's My Fifteen Minutes? (2008). He is also a consultant on the upcoming 2017 documentary about the Flint water crisis called Lead and Copper.
Bragman has been vice chairman of the management firm Reputation.com.
Bragman has been active in the AIDS/HIV community, on lesbian and gay civil rights, Jewish causes and First Amendment protections. He has received awards and honors from AIDS Project Los Angeles, Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, and Congregation Kol Ami. Bragman has founded the Jewish Image Awards, honoring positive portrayals of Jews in television and film.
Bragman has made appearances on local and network news programs including The Oprah Winfrey Show, Good Morning America, Today Show, and Larry King Live, as well as in national and local magazines and newspapers. He has been a speaker for numerous groups, including the United States Conference of Mayors and the UJC. Bragman is a news consultant for ABC News.
Also made an appearance on and episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season 2 as Camille Grammer's Publicist.
- Haire, Julie (January 21, 2009). "SO WHAT DO YOU DO, HOWARD BRAGMAN, FIFTEEN MINUTES PUBLIC RELATIONS CEO?". Mediabistro. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- Power Up Films: Howard Bragman retrieved August 27, 2015 | "I grew up fat, Jewish and gay in Flint, Michigan feeling like I had three strikes against me and then I moved to Hollywood where I realized it was three rungs on the ladder of success. Thanks POWER UP for recognizing this"
- "Leonard Bragman". Sun-Sentinel.
- Oscar-winning director working on Flint water crisis documentary, report says The Flint Journal via MLive.com, February 5, 2017
- "Howard Bragman on Twitter". Twitter.
- "Congregation Kol Ami". Congregation Kol Ami.