Howard Friel is an American scholar and author, who writes about foreign policy, public international law, international humanitarian law, human rights, civil liberties, and science-related issues. He wrote The Lomborg Deception: Setting the Record Straight About Global Warming (Yale University Press, 2010, ISBN 978-0-300-16103-8), a critique of Bjørn Lomborg's books The Skeptical Environmentalist and Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming.
He also co-authored Israel-Palestine on Record: How the New York Times Misreports Conflict in the Middle East with Richard Falk (Verso, 2007). He co-authored The Record of the Paper: How the New York Times Misreports US Foreign Policy with Richard Falk (Verso, 2004, ISBN 978-1-84467-019-2).
In 1995, Friel edited Guns and the Constitution: The Myth of Second Amendment Protection for Firearms in America with Dennis Henigan.
- Philip Kitcher. The Climate Change Debates Science, Vol. 328, June 4, 2010, pg. 1232
- The Lomborg Deception at Yale University Press, Yale University Press website
- Review of The Lomborg Deception at Newsweek by Sharon Begley, February 2010, Newsweek
- Begley, Sharon (Feb 21, 2010). "Book Review: The Lomborg Deception". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- Bowman, John C. (December 2010). "The Lomborg Deception - Setting the Record Straight About Global Warming (Review)". Biologist. 57 (4): 221.
- "The Record of the Paper at Verso Books". Archived from the original on 2009-08-12. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- Guns and the Constitution: The Myth of Second Amendment Protection for Firearms in America. 1996: Aletheia Press. 1995. ISBN 1-880831-14-7.CS1 maint: location (link)