Howard Graham (businessman)
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||March 6, 1959|
|Alma mater||Salford University|
Howard Graham was born in London, the middle of three children of Brian and Joan Graham. From the age of nine to eighteen he was educated at Latymer Upper School in Hammersmith, London, he then studied Accountancy and Finance at Salford University, where he achieved a 2:1 with Honours.
In 1980 Graham joined Chartered Accountants firm, Clark Pixley (now named Clark Whitehill). Three years later, in 1983, he qualified as a Chartered Accountant and then spent eighteen months (between 1983-1985) as a financial controller. In 1985 he joined Westbury Schotness Chartered Accountants, (now known as Westbury) where he became a Partner in 1987.
In 2001, whilst still with Westbury, Graham formed the virtual office business London Presence, which would eventually become part of The Made Simple Group. Over the last 15 years The Made Simple Group has grown to incorporate multiple companies designed to help the UK’s small businesses “start, run and grow”; Company Formation MadeSimple (2003), This Is Your Office Mail Forwarding (2004), Company Search MadeSimple (2005), Business Training MadeSimple (2011), Websites MadeSimple (2015). September 2014 saw The Made Simple Group move offices from Farringdon, London to a new facility on Wenlock Road, near Old Street Tube.
In 2011 Graham took early retirement as a Partner at Westbury to focus on his work as CEO of The Made Simple Group.
The Made Simple Group was placed 73 in The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies To Work For list 2016 and has won a number of awards, including the Accountancy Age for Excellence Award 2006 for the Best Use of Internet in a Business.
Graham is a regular consultant and contributor to multiple newspaper and online publications. He has written for BBC News and Microsoft, and has been quoted in the The Wall Street Journal, The Daily Mirror, The Independent, The Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Smallbusiness.co.uk, This is Money, Fresh Business Thinking, Business Matters, Startups.co.uk, Business Weekly, Business Advice, is4profit, LondonlovesBusiness.com, Office Genie, HubSkills, Real Business, Integra Business Solutions and EntrepreneurCountry Global.
- Midas Touch - Part of the Dragon's Den style panel alongside Peter Jones, Rachel Elnaugh, Jonathan Jay, Ashraf Sharif, Marcus de Maria.
- From Accountant to Entrepreneur - BNI International Networking Day, Lords Cricket Ground.
- Do you ever ask your clients what they are doing online?- PracticeWEB, Driving Your Online Future - One Day Conference, Emirates Stadium, London.
- Create a Successful Online Business - BStart Up Exhibition, Olympia, London.
- How to create a successful online presence Growing Your Business Exhibition - National Exhibition Centre.
- Making a difference Online! - The 20/20 Group, Annual Conference, Hilton Metropole Hotel, Birmingham.
- Doing Business Online Successfully - Events Made Simple, HMS President, Victoria Embankment, London.
- Think your product or service cannot be sold online? think again! - BStart Up Exhibition, Excel, London.
- Doing Business Online Successfully - BStart-Up Exhibition, National Exhibition Centre.
- Digital Imperatives for Accountants – TaxAssist Annual Conference, Celtic Manor.
Graham is a trustee of The Graham Foundation, a family charity that donates to multiple good causes. He is founder and original organiser of the Lord’s Corporate Cricket Challenge held at the Lord’s Indoor School.
Graham has been married since 1981 to Lesley with two children, Claudia, a management consultant aged 29 and Jonathan, an Investment Banker aged 26.
- "Why so many start-ups fail". BBC News. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Small firms should 'increase their website presence'". BBC News. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "London Presence, Mail Forwarding and Virtual Office Services in London, UK". www.londonpresence.com. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "About MadeSimple Group". www.madesimplegroup.com. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Online Company Formation & Registration by Company Formation MadeSimple". Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Company Search MadeSimple details". Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "About Websites MadeSimple". Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "The Sunday Times Best 100 Companies". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Bank of England Cuts Interest Rates, Expands Stimulus". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Funding for small business: guest post from Howard Graham". Microsoft TechNet. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Why are banks planning to charge customers to deposit money?". The Independent. 26 July 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Leicester City see off rivals again....by having the best credit score". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Negative interest rates: Businesses wary of charge for deposits". Small Business. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "1 in 4 firms started by foreigners as number soars by 160% since 2010". This is Money. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "170,000 foreign nationals launched a business in 2015". Fresh Business Thinking. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Thousands of young people rejecting traditional workplace to run 'micro-businesses' from home". BM Magazine. 6 September 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "170,000 overseas entrepreneurs formed companies in the UK in 2015". Startups.co.uk. 8 August 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Massive upsurge in overseas entrepreneurs in UK". Business Weekly. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Surprising European country provides most non-UK entrepreneurs starting new businesses". Business Advice. 8 August 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "EU Referendum Failed to Stun Economy With GDP Growth Up by 0.6% -". Is4profit.com. 26 August 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "This is the biggest worry for British businesses". Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "StartUp Britain campaign experiences record increase in new start-ups". Office Genie. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "What Matters When You Start A Web Business". hubskills.com. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Young people don't want to work for you, so they're opening their own businesses - Real Business". Real Business. 6 September 2016. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Also in the news this week – 12 August 2016". Integra Business. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "Julie Meyer and Duncan Bannatyne Join Startups Awards Judging Panel". Entrepreneur Country. Retrieved 9 January 2017.