February 17, 1922|
Brooklyn, New York
|Died||February 25, 2009(aged 87)|
|Spouse(s)||Connie Menger (nee; Weber)|
Eric Menger (son) |
Heidi Menger (daughter)
Howard Menger (February 17, 1922 – February 25, 2009) was an American contactee who claimed to have met extraterrestrials throughout the course of his life, meetings which were the subject of books he wrote, such as From Outer Space To You and The High Bridge Incident. Menger, who rose to prominence as a charismatic contactee detailing his chats with friendly Adamski-style Venusian "space brothers" in the late 1950s, was accepted by some UFO believers.
Later in his life Menger stated in several documentaries that he believed he had misunderstood the space aliens and where they came from. He stated the space aliens did not live on Venus but they had bases on Venus or were passing by or exploring the planet.   Menger also wrote about this newer position about where he believed the space people come from in one of his later books.
Menger states: "'Years ago, on a T.V. program, when I first voiced my opinion that the people I met and talked with from the craft might not be extraterrestrial, it was thought that I had recanted. However, they (the aliens) said they had just come from the planet we call Venus (or Mars). It is my opinion that these space travelers may have by-passed or visited other planets (as we are planning) but were not native to those planets any more than our astronauts are native to the moon.'" 
Menger had religious revelations to impart after his "experiences," and also came back from his contacts with practical messages.
When he was still young he moved with his parents to the rolling hills of Hunterdon County, New Jersey. His first alleged contact with a person from another planet was at the age of ten, in the woods near his hometown of High Bridge, New Jersey. Shortly after leaving high school, he entered the United States Army and was attached to the 17th Tank Battalion. In later life he was often employed as a sign painter.
He died on February 25, 2009, at the age of 87.
- Stone, Robert (Director) (1998). Farewell Good Brothers. Discovery Channel. USA.
- Hessemann, Michael (Director) (2006). "UFO's The Contacts: The Pioneers of Space". UFOTV. UFOTV, USA. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- Menger, Howard et all. The High Bridge Incident. Published by Howard and Connie Menger. Vero Beach Florida. 1991. P. Introduction.
- Bolton, Whitney. "New York Day by Day", Reading Eagle, May 17, 1957. Accessed February 20, 2011.
- Lewis, James R., editor. UFOs and Popular Culture Santa Barbara, CA. ABC-CLIO, Inc., 2000. ISBN 1-57607-265-7.
- howardmenger.com at the Wayback Machine (archived July 24, 2011) howardmenger.com used to be Howard Menger's website. It has either been hacked or lost, but can be found at the Internet Archive.
- Authentic Music From Another Planet, by Howard Menger
- Howard & Connie Menger
- From Outer Space To You by Howard Menger with Forward By Lucus Louize