|Full name||Howard Kevin Tamati|
Tamati served three terms as a New Plymouth District Councillor from 1999 to 2007. He was re-elected as a councillor in October 2010. He is the former chairman of Te Ihi Tu Maori Prisoner Habilitation Centre in New Plymouth.
Tamati is the cousin of Kevin Tamati. He is of Te Atiawa, Ngâti Mutunga and Ngai Tahu heritage. Tamati - Joanne Smith had Ebony, Erina, James. He is married to Aroaro and had four children: Moerangi Te Wai, Hawaiki and Erana. Tamati has five grandchildren, Takarangi, Rihari, Jahnikka Hine-maire, Rongomai & Rangiwahia Sampson.
Honours and awards
- Ferguson, Shawn Dollin and Andrew. "Howie Tamati - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project". Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- TAMATI, Howard Kevin 1979 - 85 - Kiwi #550 nzleague.co.nz
- Dave Hadfield Tamati depends on home produce for Kiwis' fruition The Independent, 9 October 1993
- John Coffey, Bernie Wood (2008). 100 Years: Maori Rugby League, 1908-2008. Huia Publishers. p. 238. ISBN 9781869693312. Retrieved 30 November 2009.
- Rockets shoot down North Harbour Sunday Star-Times, 10 March 1996
- Tamati to coach Fijian side Daily News, 16 September 1997
- Top job for Tamati New Zealand Herald, 10 February 2007
- Injured Warriors duo keep Kearney on edge NZPA, 27 April 2010
- Yarrow Stadium To Go All Gold For League Voxy.co.nz, 20 August 2008
- Sporting Trio in Latest Wing of Graduating 'Cops' New Zealand Police, 28 November 2007
- Brenton Vannisseroy Maori sides ‘not racist’ Te Waha Nui, 1 September 2006
- Staff List Sport Taranaki
- Role at NZRL step in right direction - Tamati New Zealand Herald, 1 July 2013
- Council says 'no' to handing over domain ownership to Ngati Mutunga The Daily News, 4 August 2004
- "Tamati aiming to be MP". Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- London Gazette (supplement), No. 53528, 30 December 1993. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Dream team of century is named". Taranaki Daily News. 14 October 2008. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
New Zealand Kiwis