|• Body||Howly Town Committee|
|Elevation||43 m (141 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Howli is located at  It has an average elevation of 43 metres (141 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Howly had a population of 15,958. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Howly has an average literacy rate of 97%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 96%. In Howly, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age. This town is mainly divided into 4 parts that is 4 ward,
Howly Adda Live is one of the popular online social forum for the people of Howly .
- B.H College is situated middle of Barpeta Road and Howly town.
- Howly High School is situated in the heart of howly town. It is the oldest school of howly. It was established in 1939.
- Adarsha Vidyapith, Howly Girls high school, normal school were the major school of howly town.
- Howly Jatiya Bidyalay, Sankardev Shishu Vidya Niketan are some of the oldest and prominent Assamese medium private schools of the town.
- Hazrat Omar(R) Model Academy School, Holy Child English Academy, St. Xavier High school are the notable English medium school of the town.
- Howly junior college.
Howly bears the similar tones of Bihu with other towns in Assam but hollygeet and jatragaan are popular in this town festivals. Howli Rash Mahotsav is the biggest Rash Mela festival of Assam.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Howli
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article about a location in the Indian state of Assam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|