This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Gunsan Industrial College (1977-1992), Jeonbuk Industrial College (1992-1998), Howon University (1998-present)|
|Revised Romanization||Howon Daehakgyo|
Established in 1977 as Gunsan Industrial College, it was elevated to a university in 1998.
For two consecutive years in 2009 and 2010, Howon University received a government funding amounting to 5.4 million USD, as it was selected as a participant by the Ministry of Education for Korea’s Educational Capability Improvement Project.
In 2013, the Ministry of Education of Korea certified Howon as the university with the highest recent graduates' employment rate in the whole country. In 2014, Howon placed second.
There are six faculties and nine research institutes in Howon.
- Baek A-yeon, singer
- Cha Hak-yeon (N), singer (VIXX)
- Jung Taek Woon (Leo), singer (VIXX)
- Kim Won-shik (Ravi), rapper (VIXX)
- Hwang Chan-sung, singer (2PM)
- Jang Wooyoung, singer (2PM)
- Im Hyun-sik, singer (BtoB)
- Lee Chang-sub, singer (BtoB)
- Lee Jun-ho, singer (2PM)
- Park Jin-young, singer (GOT7)
- Jeong Se-woon, singer
- Kim Jae-hwan, singer (Wanna One)
- Raina, singer (After School, Orange Caramel)
- Howon University Official Website (in English)
|This article about a South Korean institution of tertiary education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|