Hoyte van Hoytema
Hoyte van Hoytema
Van Hoytema (far right)
at the premiere of Call Girl in 2012
Hoyte van Hoytema (Dutch pronunciation: [ˌɦɔi̯tə vɑn ˈɦɔi̯təma]; born 4 October 1971) is a Dutch-Swedish cinematographer who studied at the National Film School in Łódź. He has worked primarily in Sweden, but also in Germany, Norway, the United States and the United Kingdom. His recent high-profile work includes Her, Interstellar, the James Bond film Spectre, Dunkirk and Ad Astra. 
Life and work
Hoytema was born in Horgen, Switzerland, to Dutch parents. The family moved back to the Netherlands when he was a baby. "I'm not really affiliated with Switzerland, I'm born there, that is all. My parents were there very briefly. They are both from Holland. I'm Dutch, but it has been over 20 years since I was in Holland. What has been important for my career has taken place in Sweden. I have a Swedish wife and a Swedish daughter, and I feel adopted by Sweden. I feel most connected to Sweden." 
He has shot several feature films, documentaries, and successful television series. His collaborations with directors Mikael Marcimain, Tomas Alfredson, and Christopher Nolan have won him critical acclaim and several national and international prizes.
In 2005 Hoytema founded the photo-sharing website Woophy with Joris van Hoytema and Marcel Geenevasen, but it went offline on December 24, 2013, for financial reasons.
|2002||Den förste zigenaren i rymden (The First Gypsy in Space)||Agneta Fagerström-Olsson||Mini-series|
|2004||Danslärarens återkomst (The Return of the Dancing Master)||Stephan Apelgren|
|2005||The Laser Man||Mikael Marcimain||TV series|
|2006||En fråga om liv och död (A Matter of Life and Death)||Håkan Lindhé||Mini-series|
|2007||How Soon Is Now?||Mikael Marcimain||TV series|
|2009||Doktor Glas||Various||TV movie|
- Karlsson, Mats (March 1, 2014). "Hoyte van Hoytema: "Jag är ett stort Spike Jonze-fan"". MovieZine. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "Guldbaggenomineringar 2008". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). January 10, 2010. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Hoyte van Hoytema". Swedish Film Database. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Peterson, Jens; Holmqvist, Emilia; Wejbro, Sandra (January 8, 2010). "De kan vinna baggar". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "The ASC Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography". Archived from the original on 2010-11-12.
- BAFTA Film Awards Nominations in 2012, bafta.org, 17 January 2012.
- Reynolds, Simon (12 February 2012). "Orange BAFTA Film Awards 2012 winners list – in full". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- "Nomineringarna till Guldbaggen" (in Swedish). Sydsvenskan.se. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- Fellman, Erik (January 21, 2013). "Guldbaggen 2013 : Vinnare" (in Swedish). Filmkritikerna. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- "Bafta Film Awards 2015: Winners". BBC News. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "2018 Oscar Nominations: 'The Shape of Water' Leads With 13 Nominations". New York Times. 23 January 2018. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
|This article about a cinematographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|