Hrant Melkumyan, 2011
|Full name||Հրանտ Մելքումյան|
|Born||April 30, 1989|
|FIDE rating||2613 (March 2014)
(No. 178 on the November 2011 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2619 (September 2011)|
He won the international Internet championship organized by the ICC chess Internet portal. In 2006, he won the U18 silver medal at the World Youth Chess Championship. In 2009, he tied for 1st–5th with Sergey Volkov, Andrey Rychagov, Andrei Deviatkin and Zhou Weiqi in the Chigorin Memorial. In 2010, tied for 1st–8th with Sergey Volkov, Viorel Iordachescu, Eduardo Iturrizaga, Gadir Guseinov, David Arutinian, Aleksej Aleksandrov and Tornike Sanikidze in the 12th Dubai Open. In 2011, he tied for 2nd–4th with Borki Predojević and Mircea Pârligras in 41st International Bosna Tournament in Sarajevo; tied for 1st–2nd with Baadur Jobava in the Lake Sevan tournament in Martuni and finished second on tie-break; tied for 3rd–15th in the open section of the 15th Corsican Circuit. In December 2011 Melkumyan tied for 1st–3rd with Alexei Dreev and Radoslaw Wojtaszek in the European Blitz Chess Championship and won the event on tie-break. In January 2012 he won the 2nd Armenian Chess960 Championship and in February 2012 tied for 4th–8th with Alexander Khalifman, Maxim Rodshtein, Fabiano Caruana and Dmitry Andreikin in the 11th Aeroflot Open. In 2013 he tied for 1st–8th with Alexander Moiseenko, Evgeny Romanov, Alexander G Beliavsky, Constantin Lupulescu, Francisco Vallejo Pons, Sergei Movsesian, Ian Nepomniachtchi, Alexey Dreev and Evgeny Alekseev in the European Individual Chess Championship.
- Official homepage of the 2006 WYCC
- "M.Chigorin Memorial 2009". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- "Tournament report July 2010: 12th Dubai Open 2010". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- "41st International Tournament Bosna 2011". Chess-Results.com. 2011-05-12. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- Nadanian, Ashot (2011-08-02). "Lake Sevan 2011 - Jobava wins volcanic event". ChessBase.com. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "15th Corsican Circuit – final Anand vs Mamedyarov on Monday". ChessBase. 2011-10-31. Retrieved 31 October 2011.
- "GM Hrant Melkumyan is 2011 European Blitz Champion". Chessdom. 2011-12-17. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- "Hrant Melkumyan becomes Armenia’s Chess 960 champion of 2012". PanArmenian.net. 2012-01-28. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "Aeroflot Open – Mateusz Bartel comes out on top". ChessBase.com. 2012-02-16. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- Crowther, Mark (2013-05-16). "14th European Individual Championships 2013". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Pchyolka". Internet Chess Club. Retrieved 21 March 2011.
- "Casino Graz International Won by Melkumyan". ChessBase. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hrant Melkhumyan.|
|This biographical article relating to an Armenian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|