A local train at the Hridaypur Railway Station
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Municipality Chairman||Sunil Mukherjee|
|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Hridaypur is a locality in the municipal area of Barasat in the state of West Bengal, India. Hridaypur is also a railway station in Bongaon-Sealdah line, a part of the Kolkata Suburban Railway system, located 21 kilometres (13 mi) from Sealdah Station of Kolkata.
The rail-line bisects the area in 2 zones:
- West Hridaypur
- East Hridaypur
The Eastern part extends to National Highway 34. The western part is larger as well as more rural. West Hridaypur lacks any defined boundary. The western part of Hridaypur also connects to Madhyamgram Sajirhat via Kora Badamtola.
Hridaypur is notable for the Pranavananda Matri Ashram which is an orphanage for girls following the ideals and teachings of Swami Pranavananda, the founder of Bharat Sevashram Sangha. The ashram also houses a school where a large number of children of the local area study.
The National Highway 34 runs through the east of Hridaypur. There is a bus stop named Hridaypur More, near Dakbungalow More at the point where the Hridaypur Station Road meets the Jessore Road. The Sealdah–Hasnabad–Bangaon–Ranaghat line passes through the middle of the locality. There is also a railway station named Hridaypur.
Colleges in Hridaypur
- BCDA College of Pharmacy and Technology 
- SM's College of Management and Technology 
- Sikkim Manipal University 
- Jubilant Kalpataru Hospital 
- Renuka Eye Institute
- Ramkrishna Medicare
- Eastern Railway time table
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
- Kolkata/Northern fringes travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|