Hristougenna Me Tin Katy
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Hristougenna Me Tin Katy
Χριστούγεννα Με Την Καίτη
|Studio album by Katy Garbi|
|Released||November 12, 1998|
|Label||Sony Music Greece/Columbia|
|Katy Garbi chronology|
2007 Espresso Hrysi Diskodiki re-release
Hristougenna Me Tin Katy (Greek: Χριστούγεννα με την Καίτη; English: Christmas with Katy) is a Christmas album by popular Greek artist Katy Garbi released on November 12, 1998 by Sony Music Greece. It was certified gold on December 13, 2002 having sold 40,000 units over the successive Christmas seasons. Garbi sings her favorite carols accompanied by Spiros Lambros's well-known children's choir and by internationally known tenor Konstantinos Paliatsaras on "Touli Gia To Hristouli". The choir had already collaborated with Garbi in the song "Ftou Xeleftheria" on the 1996 album Arhizo Polemo. The songs of the album continue to appear on television and radio during the Christmas season.
In November 2007, Sony BMG Greece granted a licensed re-release to Athens-based Espresso newspaper for their Hrysi Diskothiki (English: Golden Record Library); the re-release contained the same tracks as the original.
- "Touli Gia To Hristouli" (Adeste Fideles) (Τούλι για τον Χριστούλη; [A] Tulle for Christ) - 3:39
- "O Ai Vasilis Pali Tha 'rthei" (Santa Claus is Coming to Town) (Ο Αη Βασίλης πάλι θα ΄ρθει; Saint Basil is coming again) - 3:18
- "O Hakim Apo Tin Afriki" (Jolly Old Saint Nicholas) (Ο Χακίμ από την Αφρική; Hakim from Africa) - 1:32
- "Hristougenna" (Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas) (Χριστούγεννα; Christmas) - 3:43
- "Hristos Gennatai" (Sleigh Ride) (Χριστός γεννάται; Christ is born) - 2:20
- "Ora Hristougennon" (I'll Be Home for Christmas) (Ώρα Χριστουγέννων; Christmas hour) - 3:03
- "Rountolf To Elafaki" (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) (Ρουντολφ το ελαφάκι; Rudolph the reindeer) - 2:38
- "To Nanourisma Tis Marias" (White Christmas) (Το νανούρισμα της Μαρίας; Mary's lullabies) - 3:52
- "Ton Hristougennon Kampanes" (Silver bells) (Των Χριστουγέννων καμπάνες; Bells of Christmas) - 3:09
- "O Heimonas O Varis" (Winter Wonderland) (Ο χειμώνας ο βαρύς; The heavy winter) - 4:50
- "Hristougenna Ksana" (Ding Dong Merrily on High) (Χριστούγεννα ξανά; Christmas again) - 3:03
Two music videos were made from the album out of five different songs. "Touli Gia To Hristouli" was the only song to have its own full length video while "Hristougenna Ksana", "O Ai Vasilis Pali Tha'rthei", "Hristougenna", and "Hristougennon Kambanes" were featured in a video medley.
The medley was filmed in various locations around Athens, including a busy street, in Syntagma Square around the city's large Christmas tree, and in a snow-covered field. Garbi wears a big winter jacket and mist trails from her mouth as she sings due to the cold weather conditions. The transition between songs was filled by a child giving a Christmas wish.
Since its release in 1998, sales of the album have increased with the coming of each Christmas season. In fact, although it was popular during the time of its release, it was not until December 13, 2002 that it gained its gold certification, four years after its release.
|Weeks On Charts||Certification|
|Greek Albums Chart||IFPI||4||23||Gold|