850 900 1800 1900 MHz
850 1900 2100 or 900 1700 2100 MHz
HSDPA 14.4 Mbps
HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
|First released||May 19, 2011(Vodafone)|
|Predecessor||HTC Desire HD|
HTC One X (by range)|
HTC One S (by size)
HTC Amaze 4G, HTC Rezound |
HTC Raider 4G
126.1 mm (4.96 in) H|
65.4 mm (2.57 in) W
11.3 mm (0.44 in) D
|Weight||148 g (5.2 oz)|
Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.0|
Upgradable to 4.0.3 with HTC Sense 3.6
7.1.2 with custom ROM
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8260|
Sensation 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Scorpion|
Sensation XE 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Scorpion
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 220|
|Memory||768 MB RAM|
|Storage||4 GB (1 GB user accessible)|
|Removable storage||8 GB microSD 2.0, (up to 64 GB SDXC)|
Sensation 1520 mAh internal rechargeable li-ion, removable |
Sensation XE 1730 mAh
|Data inputs||A-GPS, ambient light sensor, digital compass, G-sensor, gyroscope, multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, proximity sensor|
|Display||4.3 in (110 mm) capacitive S-LCD Gorilla glass touch screen with qHD (540×960) resolution at 256.15 PPI|
|Rear camera||8-megapixel (3264×2448) with autofocus and dual LED flash, 1080p HD (only 720p HD on XL) video recording @ 30 frame/s with tap-to-focus and digital zoom (sensor: 1/3.2" Samsung S5K3H1GX)|
|Front camera||VGA fixed-focus color camera (0.3-megapixel)|
|Connectivity||3.5 mm TRRS jack, Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, FM stereo receiver (87.5-108 MHz) with RDS, Micro USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with Mobile High-definition Link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n|
|Other||USB and Wi-Fi tethering, HTC Sense v3.0 user interface (v3.5 on the XL edition)|
The HTC Sensation is a smartphone designed and manufactured by HTC Corporation that runs the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software stock. Officially announced by HTC on April 12, 2011, the HTC Sensation was launched by Vodafone in key European markets including the United Kingdom on May 19, 2011 and by T-Mobile in the United States on June 12, 2011 (marketed as the HTC Sensation 4G). It was HTC's fifth flagship Android phone and the first HTC phone to support the HTC Sense 3.0 user interface. At the time of its release, the Sensation XE was the world's fastest Android phone.
The device shipped with Android 2.3.3 and includes HTC Sense 3.0 UI.
The device is a part of a new generation of HTC phones that have a signed bootloader. As a consequence, the phones were originally not rootable, thus denying users administrative rights to their phones. The HTC Sensation was initially released with a locked bootloader. Since announcing on July 10, 2011, all HTC Sensation and Sensation 4G have had its bootloader unlocked due to the overwhelming customer feedback since the device's initial release.
On July 29, 2011, a tool named Revolutionary was released by AlphaRevX and unrevoked which can enable S-off, and subsequently, allow permanent root.
Since August 2011, HTC officially allows unlocking HTC Sensation bootloaders at the HTCdev.com website.
In the beginning of March 2012, HTC started updating their devices to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. A combination of special procedure and new tool makes it possible to obtain S-off after the new ICS bootloader installed.
HTC decided to fork their Sense user interface, leaving Sensation owners with Sense 3.6 (when they update to ICS), as opposed to getting Sense 4.0 (the version shipping with units that come with stock ICS).
The phone is upgradeable to Android 7.1.2 with custom ROM.
HTC Sensation XE
On September 14, 2011, HTC released the Extended Edition (XE) of the HTC Sensation in Europe under the name HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio. The Sensation XE provides the following performance improvements: Dual core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz (up from 1.2 GHz on the stock Sensation), a 1500mAh and 1730mAh battery, and Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) OS with HTC Sense 3.0. The Sensation XE features Beats Audio support, and can be easily recognized from its red speaker, buttons, and rear camera, and the Beats logo. Included inside the box is also urbeats earphones, a renamed and redesigned iBeats headphone.
HTC Sensation XL
On October 6, 2011, HTC released Sensation XL running with HTC Sense 3.5 UI with Beats Audio (XL stands for extra large with reference to its larger 4.7-inch screen).
- Klug, Brian (2011-07-01). "HTC Sensation 4G Review - A Sensational Smartphone". anandtech.com. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- HTC Corporation 2011.
- GSMArena.com 2011.
- phoneArena.com 2011.
- Wollman 2011.
- Krause, Kevin (May 4, 2011). "HTC Sensation Vodafone Pre-Order Gives May 19 UK Ship Date". Phandroid. Retrieved July 11, 2011.
- Hanlon, Tim (June 1, 2011). "T-Mobile announces a price and release date for the HTC Sensation 4G". gizmag.com. Retrieved July 11, 2011.
- Nield, David. "Path of the One". TechRadar. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- July 10, 2013 8:30 pm (2011-11-16). "World's fastest Android Phone | HTC Sensation XE 4g review | TTC | Tech-check | SEO | Reviews| Gadgets| Technology". Thetechnoclub.com. Archived from the original on July 3, 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- Healey, Nic (August 19, 2011). "Review: HTC Sensation dual-core smartphone". ITnews. Haymarket Media. Retrieved September 25, 2011.
- "HTC Sensation Comes with Locked Bootload". softpedia.com. Retrieved May 24, 2011.
- Gunther, Cory (26 May 2011). "Breaking: HTC to unlock all bootloaders [Update: Only on Future Devices]". Android Community. R3 Media Network. Retrieved 27 May 2011.
- "HTC lays out timeline for unlocked bootloaders on Sensation, Sensation 4G, and EVO 3D". thisismynext.com. Archived from the original on July 15, 2011. Retrieved July 10, 2011.
- "Revolutionary". revolutionary.io. Retrieved August 3, 2011.
- "Unlock Bootloader". HTCdev. HTC Corp. Retrieved January 23, 2012.
- "HTC Sensation 4.0 Update live". Intomobile. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- How To S-OFF, Root, Flash CWM Recovery On HTC Sensation With HBoot 1.27.0000
- "[ROM][Android 7.1] LineageOS-14.1 by ivanich [3.4Kernel]". XDA Forums. XDA. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- "HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio". Archived from the original on October 11, 2011. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HTC Sensation.|