huo – Hu
kkn – Kon Keu (duplicate code)
Hu (Chinese: 户语) is a Palaungic language of Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan, China. Its speakers are an unclassified ethnic minority; the Chinese government counts the Angku as members of the Bulang nationality, but the Angku language is not intelligible with Bulang.
According to Li (2006:340), there are fewer than 1,000 speakers living on the slopes of the "Kongge" Mountain ("控格山") in Na Huipa village 纳回帕村, Mengyang township 勐养镇, Jinghong 景洪市 (a county-level city).
Hu speakers call themselves the xuʔ˥, and the local Dai peoples call them the "black people" (黑人), as well as xɔn55 kɤt35, meaning 'surviving soul' (Yan & Zhou 2012:152). They are also known locally as the Kunge people 昆格人 or Kongge people 控格人 (Li 2006).
- Li Jinfang (2006)
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin; Bank, Sebastian, eds. (2016). "Hu". Glottolog 2.7. Jena: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin; Bank, Sebastian, eds. (2016). "Kon Keu". Glottolog 2.7. Jena: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
- Hu at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
- "景洪市勐养镇昆格村委会纳回帕". Ynszxc.gov.cn. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- Yan Qixiang [颜其香] & Zhou Zhizhi [周植志] (2012). Mon-Khmer languages of China and the Austroasiatic family [中国孟高棉语族语言与南亚语系]. Beijing: Social Sciences Academy Press [社会科学文献出版社].
- Li Jinfang [李锦芳]. 2006. Studies on endangered languages in the Southwest China [西南地区濒危语言调查研究]. Beijing: Minzu University [中央民族大学出版社].
- Svantesson, Jan-Olof. 1991. "Hu - a Language with Unorthodox Tonogenesis." In Austroasiatic Languages, Essays in honour of H. L. Shorto, edited by Jeremy H.C.S. Davidson. 67-80. School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London.
- RWAAI (Repository and Workspace for Austroasiatic Intangible Heritage)
- Hu in RWAAI Digital Archive
- Hu recordings in Kaipuleohone include a word list, sentence elicitation and interview.
|This Austroasiatic language-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|