A park in Huazhou District
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,127.9 km2 (435.5 sq mi)|
|• Density||290/km2 (740/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
"Huazhou" in Chinese characters
Huazhou District (simplified Chinese: 华州区; traditional Chinese: 華州區; pinyin: Huázhōu Qū), formerly Hua County or Huaxian (simplified Chinese: 华县; traditional Chinese: 華縣; pinyin: Huà Xiàn), is a district of Weinan, Shaanxi province, China. It was upgraded from a county to a district in 2015. The district spans an area of 1,127.9 square kilometres (435.5 sq mi), and has a population of about 324,300 as of 2012.
In 1913, Hua Prefecture was re-organized as Hua County.
On May 23, 1949, the area was taken by forces of the People's Liberation Army. In 1958, Hua County was placed under the jurisdiction of Weinan County, which soon became Weinan Prefecture in 1961, and was upgraded to a prefecture-level city in 1994.
Huazhou District is located in the eastern Qin Mountains, and along the southern banks of the Wei River. The district is also home to a number of smaller rivers which flow into the Wei, such as the Chishui River, the Yuxian River, the Shidi River, and others.
The average annual temperature in Huazhou District is 13.4 °C (56.1 °F), and the average annual precipitation in the district totals 586.1 millimetres (23.07 in).
- Guo Ziyi, Tang dynasty general
- Hu Lien, Chinese Nationalist general
- Shi Hengfeng, Chinese Nationalist general
- 国务院同意华县“撤县设区” 设立渭南市华州区 [The State Council approves upgrading Hua County through "remove the county and establish a district" and establishes Huazhou District, Weinan City]. sn.xinhuanet.com (in Chinese). 2015-10-22. Archived from the original on 2016-05-04. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- 华州区概况地图 [Huazhou District Overview Map]. xzqh.org (in Chinese). 2015-11-13. Archived from the original on 2021-01-03. Retrieved 2021-01-03.
- 华州区历史沿革 [Huazhou District Organizational History]. xzqh.org (in Chinese). 2015-11-13. Archived from the original on 2021-01-13. Retrieved 2021-01-13.
- 2020年统计用区划代码（华州区） [2020 Statistical Division Codes (Huazhou District)] (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of China. 2020. Archived from the original on 2021-01-13. Retrieved 2021-01-13.