Hua Hin Airport
Hua Hin Airport
|Operator||Department of Airports|
|Serves||Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan|
|Location||65 Phetkasem Road, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand|
|Elevation AMSL||62 ft / 19 m|
In August 2018 the Department of Airports announced that it will spend 3.5 billion baht to upgrade Hua Hin Airport over the next five years. The number of travellers using the airport is expected to increase by tenfold, to three million a year, in that timeframe. The upgrade is part of the "Riviera Thailand" and Southern Economic Corridor projects. The work at the airport will take four to five years. It includes enlarging the existing passenger terminal, building a second one, expanding hangar space, and widening the runway from 35 to 45 metres.
Airlines and destinations
|Thai AirAsia||Chiang Mai, Udon Thani|
In 2019, AirAsia flights to Hua Hin from Kuala Lumpur carried 44,613 passengers.
- "HHQ-Airport". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Hua Hin". World Aero Data. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Hua Hin airport due for upgrade, Ratchaburi could get small one". The Nation. 6 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Liu, Jim. "Thai AirAsia adds new routes from Hua Hin in August 2020". Routesonline. Retrieved 16 July 2020.
- "Hua Hin a Top Destination after Covid". Hua Hin Today. June 2020. p. 2.
- Hua Hin travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Current weather for VTPH at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for HHQ at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about a Thai airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Prachuap Khiri Khan Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|