Hua Hin Airport
Hua Hin Airport
|Operator||Department of Airports|
|Serves||Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan|
|Location||65 Phetkasem Road, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand|
|Elevation AMSL||62 ft / 19 m|
In August 2018 the Department of Airports announced that it will spend 3.5 billion baht to upgrade Hua Hin Airport over the next five years. The number of travellers using the airport is expected to increase by tenfold, to three million a year, in that timeframe. The upgrade is part of the "Riviera Thailand" and Southern Economic Corridor projects. The work at the airport will take four to five years. It includes enlarging the existing passenger terminal, building a second one, expanding hangar space, and widening the runway from 35 to 45 metres.
Airlines and destinations
Kan Air has in the past decade announced flights to and from Hua Hin but frequently has issues with its aircraft, regularly stopping flights for weeks at a time.
For a short period of time, Hua Hin was served by Thai Lion Air but services have been suspended since 2014. Hua Hin was also served by SGA Airlines, including during its branding as Nok Mini but services have also been terminated.
- "HHQ-Airport". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Hua Hin". World Aero Data. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Hua Hin airport due for upgrade, Ratchaburi could get small one". The Nation. 6 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Regular flights begin at Hua Hin airport". Bangkok Post. 18 May 2018. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Hua Hin travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Current weather for VTPH at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for HHQ at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about a Thai airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Prachuap Khiri Khan Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|