Huai Khwang District
Khet location in Bangkok
|• Total||15.033 km2 (5.804 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,370.51/km2 (13,909.6/sq mi)|
|Time zone||ICT (UTC+7)|
Huai Khwang (Thai: ห้วยขวาง; IPA: [hûaj kʰwǎːŋ]) is one of the 50 districts (khet) of Bangkok, Thailand. It is east of the city centre. Neighbouring districts are Chatuchak, Wang Thonglang, Bang Kapi, Suan Luang, Watthana, Ratchathewi, and Din Daeng.
The Huai Khwang District was established from an area formerly part of Phaya Thai in 1973. Adjustments to the district were made in 1978, adjusting boundaries with neighboring districts Phaya Thai and Bang Kapi, and again in 1993, creating the new Din Daeng District.
The district is divided into three sub-districts (khwaeng).
- Huai Khwang ห้วยขวาง
- Bang Kapi บางกะปิ
- Sam Sen Nok สามเสนนอก
- Thailand Cultural Centre (ศูนย์วัฒนธรรมแห่งประเทศไทย), a venue consisting of two auditoriums and one outdoor stage, used for live performances throughout the year. It was built with a grant from Japan, and opened on 9 October 1987. It can be reached via Bangkok Metro's Thailand Cultural Centre Station.
- Ratchada Grand Theatre, the site of the Siam Niramit show.
- Royal City Avenue (RCA), a nightlife area with lots of pubs.
- CentralPlaza Grand Rama IX
The Huai Khwang Metro Station is at the intersection of Ratchadaphisek Road with Prachasongkroa and Pracharat Bamphen Roads. From this station, several entertainment complexes are within walking distance, including some belonging to the famous Davis Group of massage parlours.
The main depot of the Metro is in Huai Khwang District, covering an area of 0.48 square kilometres (120 acres).
- "Contact Nok Mini." Nok Mini. Retrieved on 27 February 2013. "Headquarter Office: Siam General Aviation Co., Ltd. 19/6 Royal City Avenue Block A Rama 9 Road Kwang Bangkapi Huay Kwang, Bangkok 10310 THAILAND"
- "Contact Us." Thai Sky Airlines. 17 January 2007. Retrieved on 7 April 2013. "Head Office 7th Floor., Room 708, Leconcode Tower [sic] 202 Ratchadapisek RD., Huay Kwang,Bangkok 10320"
- "Index_1.jpg." and "Index_9.jpg." and "Index_3.jpg." Thai Sky Airlines. 15 July 2007. Retrieved on 7 April 2013. "7th Floor, Room 708, Le Concorde Tower, 202 Ratchadapisek RD., Huay Hwang, Bangkok 10320"
- "Contact Us." KIS International School. Retrieved on 6 March 2013. "KIS International School, 999/124 Kesinee Ville Pracha-Utit Road, Huay-Kwang Bangkok 10320, Thailand"
- "Thai-Japanese Association School." Bangkok Post. Retrieved on 28 February 2013.
- "Contact info" Modulo Language School. "Central Rama 9, unit 1202. 9/9 Ratchadaphisek Rd., Huai-Khwang, Bangkok, 10310"