|• Total||2.9 km2 (1.1 sq mi)|
|Literal meaning||Huaqiang (China Strong) North|
Huaqiangbei (Chinese: 华强北; lit. 'Huaqiang North') is an area and subdistrict of Futian, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China, one of Shenzhen's notable retail areas, having one of the largest electronics markets in the world. The area's status as a major electronics manufacturing hub, and sprawling electronics marketplaces have earned it (and Shenzhen) occidental nicknames such as "China's Silicon Valley", and the "Silicon Valley of Hardware". Multiple malls contain various businesses.
In 2018, due to slowing demand for smartphones, some shops are now selling cosmetics. In 2020 the area had about 38,000 businesses. Its known in China for selling cheap electronics. Most of the smartphones in China are from here.
The subdistrict runs from Shennan Road at SEG Plaza near Huaqiang Road Station of the Shenzhen Metro for 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) north to the Pavilion Hotel. It is at the spine of a shopping district, with cross streets Zhenzhong Road (振中路), Zhenhua Road (振华路) and Zhenxing Road (振兴路). Huafa Road (华发路) is immediately parallel to the east with Yannan Road (燕南路) further away. The central area of the district is along Huaqiang Road (华强路), a busy pedestrian street which the district is named after.
The area is characterized by tree-lined streets with wide (5 to 20 metres (16 to 66 ft)) footpaths. There are three Shenzhen Metro stations in the area:
- Huaqiang Road station on Line 1
- Huaqiang North station on Line 2 and Line 7
- Huaxin station on Line 3 and Line 7
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-11-17. Retrieved 2015-11-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- HAXLR8R (27 November 2013). "Hua Qiang Bei Map". SlideShare. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- Tocha (2018-09-28). "Huaqiangbei, the biggest electronics market in the world — Shenzhen, China". Medium. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- Huang, Andrew (2016). The Essential Guide to Electronics in Shenzhen. Sutajio Ko-Usagi. p. 9. ISBN 978-9810974596.
- Arthur, Charles (2014-06-13). "Huaqiangbei: the mega market with every smartphone part – in pictures". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-08-26.
- Reynolds, Matt (June 6, 2016). "Inside Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of hardware". Wired. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- Ablaza, Ana (2016-08-15). "Shenzhen Becomes a Treasure for Startups, Booms as China's Hardware Tech Hub". Yibada. Retrieved 2016-08-26.
- Kirton, David (2020-11-18). "In Shenzhen, the world's largest electronics market gets a cosmetics makeover". Reuters. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- Panda Publisher (2020-07-18). "When the Largest Electronic Market in Shenzhen Began to Sell Cosmetics". Panda!Yoo. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- "华强北 - Bing 网典". Bing.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "华强北街道介绍_广东深圳市福田区华强北街道地名网". www.tcmap.com.cn.
- Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of Hardware, Youtube: a documentary focused on Huaqiangbei.