Huawei P series
Under the company's current hardware release cadence, P series phones are typically directed towards mainstream consumers as the company's flagship smartphones, refining and expanding upon technologies introduced in Mate series devices (which are typically positioned towards early adopters). The P series has featured a strong emphasis on camera functionality; since 2016, and beginning with the Huawei P9, Huawei has been in a co-engineering partnership with the German manufactuer Leica, whose lenses have subsequently been used on all Huawei flagship phones since.
List of phones under the series
It was released in 2017 and has Android 8.0.
The Huawei P1 was released on July 19, 2012 in Canada, named as the Ascend P1.
The Huawei Ascend P7 was announced on May 7, 2014 and released on June 7, 2014. It was the last phone to carry the Ascend name.
P8 and P8 Max
P9 Lite, P9 and P9 Plus
The Huawei P9 and P9 Plus were the first phones from Huawei to receive a Leica Dual Camera from Leica AG, the P9 lite is the last smartphone in the series to have a single main camera. It was revealed on April 6, 2016 in Battersea Park.
P10 and P10 Plus
The Huawei P10 and P10 Plus were launched in Mobile World Congress 2017 on February 26, 2017 at Barcelona, Spain. It has a 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and a 12-megapixel RGB, in which the camera position was retained the same as the P9. Huawei partnered with the Pantone Color Institute in implementing their Color of the Year 2017 named Pantone Greenery into the P10, including 7 more color options.
P20 and P20 Pro
The Huawei P20 and P20 Pro were launched in Huawei's Special Event in Paris on March 27, 2018. Both of them received a high rating from DXOMark, with the P20 having 102 and P20 Pro having 109. They both also have a short notch while retaining the home button for the finger-print sensor. The pro version has a Leica triple camera setup featuring a 40 MP RGB sensor, 5X Hybrid Zoom, and an AI Scene and Object Recognition sensor capable of detecting 19 scenes.
Over 10 million Huawei P20 and P20 Pro units were sold globally and was celebrated by Huawei.
P30 and P30 Pro
The P30 and P30 Pro were unveiled during a media event on 26 March 2019.
- Cutress, Ian. "Huawei Launches the P30 and P30 Pro: P is for Photography". Anandtech. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- "There is no such thing as a Leica phone". The Verge. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- "Huawei finally has a phone worthy of the Leica brand". Engadget. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- "Huawei P8 - Full phone specifications". www.gsmarena.com. Retrieved 2018-10-21.
- "Artist creates amazing photos with the Huawei P8's Light Painting function". Android Authority. 2015-05-01. Retrieved 2018-10-21.
- Martin, Chris. "Re-read our live blog as the Huawei P9 and P9 Plus launched in London". Tech Advisor. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Best Of MWC 2017: Huawei P10 | Android News". AndroidHeadlines.com |. 2017-03-06. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- Cutress, Anton Shilov, Ian. "MWC 2017: Huawei P10 and P10 Plus Press Event Live Blog". Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Huawei P10 to Come in Eight Pantone Colors". Phone Scoop. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "HUAWEI P20 Pro Smartphone, Leica Triple Camera, FullView Display | HUAWEI Global". consumer.huawei.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- Huawei Mobile (2018-03-27), Meet the #HuaweiP20 live from Paris. #SeeMooore, retrieved 2018-10-17
- "Huawei P20 camera review: High-end all-rounder - DxOMark". DxOMark. 2018-03-27. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Huawei P20 Pro camera review: Innovative technologies, outstanding results - DxOMark". DxOMark. 2018-03-27. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- Cutress, Ian. "Huawei P20 and P20 Pro Hands-On: Embrace the Notch". Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Huawei celebrates 10 million HUAWEI P20 Pro and P20 units sold globally". consumer.huawei.com. Retrieved 2018-10-20.
- Savov, Vlad (2019-03-26). "Huawei's P30 Pro is a photographic powerhouse with a tiny notch". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-03-26.