Huayi Brothers Media logo
|Founder||Wang Zhongjun, Wang Zhonglei|
Number of locations
|Wang Zhongjun (Chairman & CEO), Wang Zhonglei (President)|
|Products||Movies, Television Shows, Music|
|Revenue||CNY 892,000,000 (2011)|
|Owner||Wang Zhongjun, Wang Zhonglei|
|Subsidiaries||Huayi Brothers Film Investment Co., Ltd.
Huayi Brothers TV Service Co., Ltd.
Huayi Brothers Contemporary Culture Broker Co., Ltd.
Huayi Brothers Music Co., Ltd.
Huayi Brothers Advertising Co., Ltd.
Huayi Brothers International Distribution Ltd
|Founder||Wang Zhongjun, Wang Zhonglei|
|Country of origin||China|
Huayi Brothers Media Corp. (Chinese: 华谊兄弟传媒股份有限公司; pinyin: Huáyì Xiōngdì Chuánméi Gǔfèn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī) is a Chinese film production company, record label and talent agency founded in Beijing by brothers Wang Zhongjun and Wang Zhonglei in 1994. The company made world news on October 30, 2009 when the Shenzhen Stock Exchange ChiNext Board was halted, after HBMC's stock price more than doubled by 122.74 percent from its IPO price, to open at 63.66 yuan per share. Patrick Frater of Variety called it "China’s largest private sector film conglomerate". In 2014, the company was the seventh-largest film distributor in China, with 2.26% of the market.
The company was founded in 1994 as a film production company. It underwent a comprehensive expansion into the media industry through investing and now produces and operates movies, TV shows, talent agencies, music labels, and movie theaters. In February 2011, Huayi Brothers revealed their plans to create the largest TV and film studio complex in East Asia. Also, they announced that they aim to earn 10 billion yuan in the box office by 2016. As of April 2015, the company was worth US$7.9 billion.
In 2014 the company announced that it had agreed to invest as much as $150 million in Studio 8, the production company launched by former Warner Bros. executive Jeff Robinov, but the partnership never materialized. Shanghai-based conglomerate Fosun International later signed a deal to invest in Robinov's company instead.
- Ying Yang
- Lu Ning
- Alec Su
- An Yixuan
- Chen Sicheng
- Chen Zihan
- Vivian Hsu
- Alex Fong
- Jessey Meng
- Huang Xiaoming
- Xu Qing
- Cell Phone (Movie)
- A World Without Thieves (天下无贼) (Movie, 2004)
- Rob-B-Hood (宝贝计划)" (Movie, 2006)
- Assembly (集结号) (Movie, 2007)
- The Warlords (Movie)
- If You Are the One (Movie)
- The Forbidden Kingdom (Movie)
- The Message (Movie)
- Look for a Star (Movie)
- The Spring in The Winter (Movie)
- LOVE (Movie)
- Chinese Zodiac (Movie)
- Mojin-The Lost Legend (Movie)
- Lost and Love (Movie)
- Mr. Six (Movie)
- Aftershock (Movie)
- Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (Movie)
- Women Who Flirt (Movie)
- Personal Tailor (Movie)
- Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons (Movie)
- MR. GO (Movie)
- Taichi 0 (Movie)
- Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon (Movie)
- Painted Skin: The Resurrection (Movie)
- Only You (2015)
- Mojin: The Lost Legend (2015)
- Free State of Jones (2016)
- Blazing Samurai (2017)
- Thunder Agents film (2018)
- Husband and Wife (TV series)
- Soldiers Sortie (TV series)
- Pursuit (TV series)
- My Chief and My Regiment (TV series)
- Dwelling Narrowness (TV series)
- "All stocks trigger suspensions on China's Nasdaq-style board under price-rise rules on first day". Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Patrick Frater (October 12, 2015). "China’s Huayi Brothers Sets Superhero Franchise Pact With Michael Uslan". variety.com. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- "China Film Industry Report 2014-2015 (In Brief)" (PDF). english.entgroup.cn. EntGroup Inc. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- "Huayi Brothers to build East Asia's largest film and TV studio complex". Asia Pacific Arts. 2011-02-24.
- "Huayi Brothers unveils their moneymaking plan". Asia Pacific Arts. 2011-03-16.
- Patrick Frater (April 9, 2015). "Chinese Media Stocks Stage Major Rally in U.S. and Asian Markets". variety.com. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- Verrier, Richard For Hollywood, the road to China is littered with broken deals Los Angeles Times. September 7, 2015
- Official website (Chinese)