|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,111.12 km2 (429.01 sq mi)|
|• Density||260/km2 (670/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Located on the western margin of the province and the south western Xiangxi, it is immediately adjacent to the borders of Guizhou Province and Chongqing Municipality. The county is bordered to the north and the northeast by Baojing County, to the southeast by Jishou City, to the south by Fenghuang County, to the west by Songtao County of Guizhou and Xiushan County of Chongqing. Huayuan County covers 1,108.69 km2 (428.07 sq mi), as of 2015, It had a registered population of 312,800 and a resident population of 300,800. The county has 9 towns and 3 townships under its jurisdiction, the county seat is Huayuan Town (花垣镇).
- www.xzqh.org (Chinese)
- Google (2014-07-02). "Huayuan" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Xiangxi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Prefecture Land Use Plan (2006–20)/《湘西土家族苗族自治州土地利用总体规划（2006-2020年）》.(Chinese) Accessed 8 July 2014.
- 湘西自治州2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报 (in Chinese). Xiangxi Prefecture People's Government. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- the population of Huayuan County in 2015, according to the Statistical Communiqué of Huayuan County on the 2015 National Economic and Social Development - (2015年花垣县国民经济和社会发展统计公报): biancheng.gov.cn or ahmhxc.com
- the divsions of Huayuan County in 2015, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Huayuan County on November 30, 2015 - 《湖南省民政厅关于同意花垣县乡镇区划调整方案的批复》(湘民行发〔2015〕116号): rednet.cn, also see 《湖南省乡镇区划调整改革109个县市区批复方案》: people.com or xinhuanet.com
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|