Hubert Kairuki Memorial University
Chuo Kikuu cha Kumbukumbu cha Hubert Kairuki (Swahili)
|Mikocheni International University|
|Motto||Training. Service. Research.|
|Chairman||Prof. Fredrick Kaijage|
|Chancellor||Salim Ahmed Salim|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Charles Stephen Mgone|
The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU) is a private medical university in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It is an accredited university recognized by the government Tanzania through the Tanzania Commission for Universities (formerly known as the Higher Education Accreditation Council, HEAC). The university was established in 1997 and was the first private university to be accredited in Tanzania, in June 2000.
The HKMU campus is at plot No 322 Regent Estate in Mikocheni, some seven km from the Dar es Salaam city centre. HKMU has easy access to several major tourist attractions in Tanzania, including Bagamoyo, Saadani, Mikumi, the Selous game reserve, and Zanzibar.
HKMU offers degrees, diplomas and certificates in the following courses:
Undergraduate degree programmes
- Doctor of Medicine (5 years)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (4 years)
- Master Of Medicine (MMED ) (3 years) in Paediatrics and Child Health
- Diploma in Nursing (Pre-service programme) (3 years).
- Diploma in Nursing for In Service programme (through e-learning) (2 years).
- Certificate in Nursing (2 years)
- Certificate in Midwifery (6 Months)