Hubley, Nova Scotia
|Municipality||Halifax Regional Municipality|
|Community council||Western Region Community Council|
|Planning Area||St. Margarets Bay|
Hubley is a residential community within the Halifax Regional Municipality Nova Scotia on Trunk 3 between Upper Tantallon and Timberlea approximately 15 kilometres from Halifax. Until the mid 1990s, Hubley was part of Armdale. The postal code then was B3L 4J3.
- The first three digits of the postal code are B3Z
- The telephone exchange is 902 876
- Internet: Cable -Eastlink, DSL -Aliant
- Total population 1029
- Total dwellings 348
- Total land area: 57.4445 km²
- Many lakes in the area
- Hubley is primarily composed of three subdivisions: Lake of the Woods, Sheldrake Lake and Three Brooks. Lake of the Woods, Sheldrake Lake and Three Brooks are affluent communities. There are several parks in the area, as well as campgrounds and hiking trails.
- Other areas of Hubley include Birch Bear Woods and Five Island Lake Estates, which are smaller areas located near Three Brooks.
- The former Sir John A. Macdonald High School (1969) is located in Hubley. In 2006, a new high school was opened in Tantallon and the building in Hubley became Five Bridges Junior High School.
- Hubley Pizza is the lone corner store.
- The Rails to Trails runs through Hubley, primarily parallel to St Margaret's Bay Road.
- Sheldrake Lake
- Upper Sheldrake Lake
- Fredrick Lake
- Big Hubley Lake
|This Halifax County, Nova Scotia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|