Hueneme High School
|Hueneme High School|
|500 W. Bard Rd. Oxnard, California 93033
|Motto||"Once a Viking, always a Viking."|
|Principal||Mr. Gary Mayeda|
|Color(s)||Red and White|
|Athletics conference||CIF-SS Pacific View League|
Hueneme High School (HHS) (// wy-NEE-mee) is a public four-year high school serving grades 9-12 in Oxnard, California. The school was founded in 1959 and sits in the heart of South Oxnard. The school serves south central Oxnard, most of the city of Port Hueneme, and the Navy Base at Port Hueneme.
In addition to its website huenemehigh.us, Hueneme High School also has social media, which is linked at the bottom of the homepage of its website. Hueneme High has a Twitter, a YouTube, and a Facebook page. On its social media, the school posts important news as well as photos and information about its sports teams.
Hueneme High School offers several academic departments. The departments and their respective courses and/or descriptions are as follows:
- Art: Visual Art, Digital Photography, Painting A & B 
- Avid: "AVID is a fifth through twelfth-grade system to prepare students in the academic middle, as evaluated through standardized tests scores, for four-year college eligibility. These students are either low-income, first generation college attendees, university underrepresented minorities, or have other personal challenges and are falling short of their potential. The core component is the AVID elective which supports students as they tackle the most rigorous classes. AVID’s teaching strategies, curriculum, and training are used not only in the AVID elective class, but by subject-area teachers schoolwide."
- Business & Technology: Microsoft Office Intro, Exploring Business & Technology, Microsoft Office Advanced, Desktop Publishing, General Work Experience, Vocational Work Experience, Exploratory Work Experience, Business Calculations
- Consumer and Family Sciences: Environmental Design, Development Psychology of Children & Adolescents A (P), Core A, Core B, Food and Nutritional Science, Vocational Pre-School Aide
- English: English 101, English 102, English 103
- English Language Development: ESL Conversation 101, ESL Conversation 102, ESL Reading/Writing Workshop 103, English 11
- Foreign Languages: 30651 - French 1, French 2, French 3, French 4, Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4--Advanced Placement (HP), Spanish for Native Speakers 1, Spanish for Native Speakers 2, Spanish for Native Speakers 3, Spanish for Native Speakers 4 – Advanced Placement (HP), Spanish for Native Speakers 5 – Advanced Placement (HP)
- Math: "Within the broad curriculum, each student has the right to receive preparation in logical thinking and mathematical methods. This preparation should be sufficient to meet the needs of each student and provide the foundations necessary to function successfully as an adult. Students will be provided with the basic, fundamental concepts and skills that are needed in everyday living. As part of that, a strong background will be provided for those who will continue their advanced academic work." 
- Naval Science: Naval Science I—Military Science, Naval Science 2—Physical Science, Naval Sci 3 - Military/International Law, History & Physical Science
- Performing Arts: Marching Band, Physical Education: P.E. 11, Physical Education—Course 1, Physical Education -Course II, Weight Training & Conditioning
- Science: Biology Lab (P), Biology—Advanced Placement (HP), Chem Study (P), Chem Lab (P), Chemistry—Advanced Placement (HP), Environmental Science—Advanced Placement (HP), Health Education/State Requirements—College Prep, Physical Science—Honors (HP), Physics 
- Social Science: American Government 12, American Government 4, Geography, Economics 12, Economics 4, Psychology—College Prep, Psychology—Advanced Placement (AP), Student Government, U.S. History 11—Basic, International Studies Academy—Pacific Rim Business and Economics, U.S. History 11, U.S. History 3, U. S. History 3-Advanced Placement (HP), World Civilizations 2
- Special Education: "Special Education services ranges from classroom accommodations to meet student needs as outlined in 504 Plans and Individual Educational Plans. Students receive a variety of in class and out of class accommodations and modifications depending on the needs specified in each student’s IEP. Resource class, lunch-time tutoring, vocational planning and support are just a few of these accommodations."
Hueneme High School offers a variety of athletics to its students. Its website lists the sports as thus:
- Cross Country
- Track & Field
- Water Polo
- Cross Country
- Track & Field
- Water Polo
As of November 2015, Hueneme High School has 50 clubs listed on its website. These clubs cover a wide variety of interests, from religion to fashion. They are as follows:
- Academic Ambassadors
- Ballet FolkloricoOrgullo de mi Cultura
- Band/Auxiliary Units
- Be the Change
- Bible Club
- Boys & Girls Club
- Chess Club
- Dance Club
- Dr. Who Club
- Earth Club
- Finance Club
- French Club
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Future Leaders of America
- GATE Club
- Hackey Sack/Footbag Club
- Harry Potter Club
- Herencia Hispana
- Itzam Na
- Knowledge Bowl
- Lideres Latinos
- Link Crew
- Los Amigos
- Migrant Achievement Club
- Mock Trial
- Multimedia Club
- Newspaper Club
- Oceanography Club
- Peer Resource
- Photography Club
- Physics Club
- Polynesian Club
- Science Club
- Spanish Club
- The Soaring Club
- UC Ambassadors
- Viking Recycling
- Weightlifting Club
- Freddie Bradley: Football player; first Hueneme High School athlete drafted into the NFL in 1996 in the 7th round pick 231.
- Keary Colbert: Football player; set the USC Trojans record for most receptions before broken by Dwayne Jarrett in 2006.
- Charles Dillon: Wide receiver for Green Bay Packers; Played for Ventura College and Washington State; graduated from Hueneme High School in 2004
- Ronney Jenkins: Football player; set the national record for most yards rushing in a single game in 1996.
- Josh Pinkard: Football player; free safety for the two championship USC Trojans teams in 2004 and 2005. Josh Pinkard was also an undrafted rookie and signed with the Seattle Seahawks in 2011. Shortly after signing with them, he was waived by his former college coach Pete Carroll.
- Josh Towers: Baseball player; starting pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays from 2003–present.
- Jerry Willard: Baseball player; played in MLB for parts of eight seasons.
- "Art | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Avid | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Business & Technology | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Consumer and Family Sciences | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "English | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "English Language Development | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Foreign Languages | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Math | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Naval Science | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Performing Arts | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Science | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Social Science | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Special Education | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Athletics | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Clubs | Hueneme High School". www.huenemehigh.us. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Freddie Lee Bradley (NFL)".
- "Keary Colbert". National Football League. Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- David Bush (2003-07-21). "Raiders look crowded at kickoff returner". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- "Player Bio - Josh Pinkard". CSTV.com. Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- "Player Information - Josh Towers". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- 1987 Topps baseball card # 137
- Official School Website
- District Webpage
- OUHSD Website
- City of Oxnard Education
- VCStar Article RE: Current HHS Principal