Hugh Crossley, 4th Baron Somerleyton
|The Right Honourable
The Lord Somerleyton
|Page of Honour|
|Preceded by||The Duke of Argyll|
|Succeeded by||Malcom Maclean|
|Born||Hugh Francis Savile Crossley
27 September 1971
|Children||John, Christabel, Margot|
|Parents||Saville Crossley, 3rd Baron Somerleyton
Belinda Maris Loyd
Early life and family
Hugh Francis Savile Crossley was born 27 September 1971, the fourth child and only son of Saville Crossley, 3rd Baron Somerleyton (1928–2012) and his wife, Belinda Maris Loyd. His siblings include: Hon. Isabel Alicia Claire Crossley (b. 1964), Camilla Mary Lara Somerleyton (b. 1967), Alicia Phyllis Belinda Somerleyton (b. 1969), and Louisa Bridget Vivien Somerleyton (b. 1974).
He was raised at the family home of Somerleyton Hall in Lowestoft, Suffolk. He is the grandson of Francis Savile Crossley, 2nd Baron Somerleyton (1889–1959), and the great-grandson of Savile Crossley, 1st Baron Somerleyton (1857–1935), a Liberal Unionist politician who served as Paymaster General from 1902 to 1905.
He formerly owned two Dish Dash Persian restaurants in London operated under the company name Empty Quarter Restaurants, which were sold after his holding company went out of business in 2004. He presently owns the Fritton House hotel near Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.
In June 2013, he opened a new restaurant in Norfolk.
In May 2008, Somerleyton was described as the boyfriend of Jecca Craig, a Kenyan socialite and former girlfriend of Prince William of Wales. The following year, in 2009, however, he married Lara Bailey, with whom he has three children:
- Hon John Crossley (born February 2010)
- Hon Christabel Maris Tessa Crossley (born 19 April 2012)
- Hon Margot Phyllis Mary Crossley (born June 2014)
- Walker, Tim (31 May 2008). "Royal rumble for Jessica Craig". Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 6 September 2008.
- The Peerage, entry for 4th Lord Somerleyton, thepeerage.com; accessed 30 March 2016.
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990,[page needed]
- ‘SOMERLEYTON’, Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017
- "Chipping In". Norfolkmag.co.uk. 13 August 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Eastern Haze festival tickets go on sale". EDP24. 22 March 2007. Retrieved 6 September 2008.
- "Don't miss: Eastern Haze Festival". Norwich Evening News. 25 May 2007. Retrieved 6 September 2008.
- "Aristocrat sells restaurants as his company goes bust (Hugh Crossley) (Empty Quarter Restaurants)". Caterer & Hotelkeeper. 23 September 2004. Retrieved 6 September 2008.
- "Middle Eastern promise?". Caterer Search. 19 March 2003. Retrieved 6 September 2008.
- "Fritton House hotel, Norfolk". Caterer & Hotelkeeper. 18 May 2006. Retrieved 6 September 2008.
- Jackson, Nicole (21 January 2007). "Checking in: Fritton House". The Observer. London. Retrieved 6 September 2008.
- Eden, Richard (17 October 2009). "Prince William's former 'fiancée' Jecca Craig calls off wedding". The Daily Telegraph. London, UK. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
Marquess of Lorne
|Page of Honour
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Hon. John Crossley