||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||May 31, 1963|
|Origin||Kingston, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Hard rock, Rock'n'roll, Indie rock, Soft rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, actor, record producer|
|Associated acts||The Headstones
Hugh Dillon Redemption Choir
Hugh Dillon (born May 31, 1963 ) is a Canadian musician and actor. Dillon was the lead singer of the Headstones during the 1990s. He has also been a film and television actor, some of his notable roles including Mike Sweeney in Durham County and Ed Lane in Flashpoint.
Dillon was the lead singer for the Kingston hard rock band The Headstones from 1987 until 2003. The Headstones were commercially successful in the 1990s, and have released nine albums and a number of charting singles.
After The Headstones broke up in 2003, Dillon formed the band Hugh Dillon Redemption Choir, an indie rock band whose style draws from country, pop, punk and new wave influences. Band members were guitarist J.P. Polsoni, Chris Osti on bass, keyboardist Ben Kobayashi, and percussionist Derek Downham. The band released an album, The High Co$t of Low Living, in 2005 through the Ching Music label. Dillon also released an album entitled Works Well with Others in 2009 through Paul Langois' Bathouse Studio; although billed as a solo album, the same musicians performed as sidemen, with the addition of Rob Baker on one track.
Dillon's first large screen acting role was in director Bruce McDonald's 1995 film Dance Me Outside. Next came a leading role as Joe Dick in McDonald's 1996 feature film, Hard Core Logo.  The film was distributed internationally by Rolling Thunder Pictures.
Dillon appeared in a number of further feature films, including Lone Hero, 2005's Assault on Precinct 13, and Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning. In 2007 he was nominated for a 2007 Genie Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Trailer Park Boys: The Movie. He starred opposite Vera Farmiga in the Sundance Film Festival award-winning movie, Down to the Bone. Dillon has guest-starred on various television programs, including The Eleventh Hour, ReGenesis, Degrassi: The Next Generation. He also does the voice-overs for Canadian Chevrolet ads, both on TV and radio, and for Manulife One financial services.
Dillon starred as Mike Sweeney in the Canadian dramatic series Durham County. His performance earned him a Gemini nomination for Best Actor in 2008; the show itself won five Gemini awards and its second season was aired on TMN and Movie Central.
Dillon starred as Sergeant Ed Lane in the CTV/CBS co-production one-hour police drama series Flashpoint, set in Toronto, which ran for five seasons between 2008 and 2012. The series was picked up by CBS for broadcast later in 2008 in the United States. He has most recently voiced Nick in Left 4 Dead 2, a video game developed by Valve. Dillon also played the role of Francis Becker on the third season of the American crime drama series, The Killing.
Awards and nominations
Dillon won the "Shaw Media Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role" given by the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television at the Canadian Screen Awards in 2014, for his performance in the episode "Fit for Duty" on Flashpoint.
|1994||Dance Me Outside||Clarence Gaskill|
|1995||Curtis's Charm||Spitting White Trash Thug|
|1996||Hard Core Logo||Joe Dick / Joseph Mulgrew|
|1999||Johnny||Dell and Alice's Dad|
|2004||Down to the Bone||Bob|
|2004||Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning||Rev. Gilbert|
|2005||Assault on Precinct 13||Tony|
|2006||Hope and a Little Sugar||Bar Construction Worker|
|2006||Trailer Park Boys: The Movie||Sonny|
|2008||About Face||The Agent|
|2008||Down to the Dirt||Renny|
|2012||Cosmology||Short film, post-production|
|2016||The Last Crop||Vincent|
|1995||Prince for a Day||(uncredited)||TV movie|
|2000||Twitch City||Howard the Cannibal
Guy in Convenience Store
|Episode: "The Return of the Cat Food Killer"
Episode: "I'm Fat and I'm Proud"
|2002||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Albert Manning||Episode: "When Doves Cry: Part 1"
Episode: "When Doves Cry: Part 2"
|2003||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Albert Manning||Episode: "Tears Are Not Enough: Part 1"|
|2003||Blue Murder||Kevin Marshall||Episode: "Necklace"|
|2004||Eleventh Hour, TheThe Eleventh Hour||Eddie||Episode: "Hard Seven"|
|2004||Love Crimes of Gillian Guess, TheThe Love Crimes of Gillian Guess||Bobby Tomahawk||TV movie|
|2004||Wool Cap, TheThe Wool Cap||Leather Jacket||TV movie|
|2004||ReGenesis||Danny Dexter||Episode: "Prions"
Episode: "The Oldest Virus"
|2005||ReGenesis||Danny Dexter||Episode: "Resurrection"|
|2005||Our Fathers||Johnny DeFranco||TV movie|
|2007||Gathering, TheThe Gathering||Det. Gamble||TV miniseries|
|2007-2010||Durham County||Mike Sweeney||Lead Role, 18 episodes/3 seasons|
|2008||Quality of Life, TheThe Quality of Life||Jean Tellier||TV movie|
|2008||Of Murder and Memory||Vincent Nichol||TV movie|
|2008||Ink: Alter Egos Exposed||Narrator (Himself)||TV movie|
|2008-2012||Flashpoint||Ed Lane||Lead Role, 75 episodes/5 seasons|
|2013||The Killing||Francis Becker|
|2015||X Company||Duncan Sinclair||Main role|
|2017||The Expanse||Lt. Sutton||Recurring|
|2009||Left 4 Dead 2||Nick||Valve Software|
|2013||Resident Evil 6||Nick||Capcom X Valve Crossover DLC|
- Picture of Health (1993)
- Teeth and Tissue (1995)
- Smile and Wave (1997)
- Nickels for Your Nightmares (2000)
- The Greatest Fits (2001)
- The Oracle of Hi-Fi (2002)
- Love + Fury (2013)
- One in the Chamber Music (2014)
Hugh Dillon Redemption Choir
- The High Co$t of Low Living (2005)
Works Well With Others is the first solo album released by Hugh Dillon. It was released October 13, 2009. Many of the songs are featured on the television show Flashpoint.
- "Friends of Mine"
- "Sentimental Me"
- "Well On Your Way"
- "Ten Feet Tall"
- "Surface of the Sun"
- "Reel to Reel"
- "Lost At Sea"
- "Radio Plays"
- "Bottom of a Dream"
- "My Mistakes"
- "Ignore That Call"
- "Puzzle I Am"
- "Don't Be Fooled"
- "The Hour: Hugh Dillon". CBC Television. Season 6, Episode 25, October 28, 2009
- "Straight man". Canoe: Showbiz, DARRYL STERDAN. Nov 30, 2004
- "Hugh Dillon covers a lot of ground on Works Well With Others". The Georgia Strait, by Steve Newton, November 13th, 2009
- Steve McLean (June 2006). Hot Canadian Bands. Lone Pine Pub. p. 62. ISBN 978-1-894864-53-4.
- "Hugh Dillon Preaches With The Choir Again On New Studio Album". Chart Attack - Jan 22, 2007
- "Fans Fund New Album for The Headstones". Kingston Herald, 2013/02/20 in Entertainment/Featured by Merideth Smith
- "'Gasoline and fire'". By Greg Burliuk, Kingston Whig-Standard, December 20, 2013
- " Hard-rocking Headstones driven by soft spot". Barrie Advance, Nov 13, 2015. By Laurie Watt
- "Hugh Dillon changes direction". MIKE ROSS, Edmonton Sun, Sep 9, 2005
- Pike, David L. (2012). Canadian Cinema Since the 1980s: At the Heart of the World. University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division. ISBN 1442612401.
- "Headstones' Hugh is acting up again". Canoe Showbiz, STEVE TILLEY, Nov 30, 2004
- "Durham County: Season 1". By Sam Sutherland", Exclaim!, Aug 22, 2008
- "No more Mr. Tough Guy". CBC News, Sarah Liss , Oct 26, 2009
- " Television ripped from the headlines". GAYLE MacDONALD, Globe and Mail, Jul. 09, 2008
- "'Flashpoint's Hugh Dillon joins 'The Killing'". The Loop. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "Flashpoint ‐ Fit for Duty CTV (Bell Media) Hugh Dillon". Shaw Media Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role. www.academy.ca. 2014. Archived from the original on 24 December 2014. Retrieved 26 January 2015.