Hugh Pearman (architecture critic)
He is the author of several books  including Contemporary World Architecture, published by Phaidon, Airports: A Century of Architecture, published by Laurence King and Abrams, and Equilibrium: the work of Nicholas Grimshaw and Partners, published by Phaidon.
He was architecture and design critic of The Sunday Times for 30 years, from 1986 to early 2016, and edits the RIBA Journal. Other newspapers he has contributed to include the Guardian, The Observer, the Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. Other magazines he has written for include Newsweek, Art Quarterly, Royal Academy Magazine, Crafts, Architectural Record, the Architectural Review, and World of Interiors, among many other publications. He has served on Arts Council England's architecture advisory group, and was one of the instigators of The RIBA Stirling Prize for Architecture in 1996. From 2000 to 2004 he chaired the "Art for Architecture" initiative at the Royal Society of Arts. He was made an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects in 2001. He was Visiting Professor in Architecture at the Royal College of Art, London, during 2015. He was an honorary vice-president of London's Architectural Association, 2014-2016.
- 'PEARMAN, Hugh Geoffrey', Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2016; online edn, Nov 2016 accessed 5 June 2017
- Biographical information from Who's Who, pub. A & C Black, London, 2010, and reference to the two publications
- Books and articles by and about Hugh Pearman on WorldCat
- Hugh Pearman at archINFORM (includes references to publications)
- Editors of the RIBA Journal
- References to Hugh Pearman on MSAcademic
- Arts Council of England members 1995
- Press announcement
- RIBA list of its honorary fellows
- Association, Architectural. "Governance at the AA". Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "No. 62666". The London Gazette (Supplement). 8 June 2019. p. B20.