Hugh and I Spy
|Hugh and I Spy|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||22 January – 26 February 1968|
Hugh and I Spy was a black-and-white British sitcom that was transmitted in 1968. It was the sequel of the long-running Hugh and I. Hugh and I Spy was written by John Chapman and produced by David Croft.
The sixth and final series of Hugh and I showed Terry and Hugh on a cruise, Hugh having won £5,000 on the Premium Bonds. In Hugh and I Spy, they have returned but they get unwillingly involved in espionage and double-dealing. Each episode ended in a cliffhanger.
Hugh and I Spy Episode 6- Tea or Coffin, Came from the Patrick Duffy collection. This was sold through the medium of ebay to the highest bidder in March 2013. It is believed that this collector has episodes from other TV series that were believed to have been wiped.
- Yellow Peril (22 January 1968)
- The Heights of Madness (29 January 1968)
- Checkpoimt Charlies (5 February 1968)
- Holy Smoke (12 February 1968)
- Five In A Bed (19 February 1968)
- Tea or Coffin (26 February 1968) (Recovered June 2013)
- Hugh and I Spy, lostshows.com
- Mark Lewisohn, "Radio Times Guide to TV Comedy", BBC Worldwide Ltd, 2003
- British Sitcom Guide for Hugh and I Spy