Hughes Winborne is a Hollywood film editor. He has edited 20 films, including Crash, for which he won an Oscar for film editing in the 78th Academy Awards. He also edited Sling Blade (1996) and The Pursuit of Happyness (2006).
Hughes graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1975 (with a bachelor's degree in history). After working for several years, he enrolled in a film program at New York University and discovered film editing.
- Armstrong, Matt (2004). "Crash Editor Hughes Winborne", Studio Daily, March 3, 2006; archived at Webcite from this original URL 2008-05-06.
- Kaplowitz, Harry (2006). "Alumnus up for editing Oscar", The Daily Tar Heel February 3, 2006, archived at Webcite from this original URL 2008-05-06.
- "American Cinema Editors > Members", webpage archived by WebCite from this original URL on 2008-03-04.
- Hullfish, Steve (December 31, 2016). "Art of the Cut with Oscar Winner Hughes Winborne on 'Fences'". Provideo Coalition.
- Frazer, Bryant (February 17, 2017). "Avid Editor Hughes Winborne on Denzel Washington's 'Fences'". Studio Daily.
|This article about an American film editor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|