Hughesdale railway station
Southbound view in December 2012
|Location||Willesden Road, Hughesdale|
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||15.48 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 1/2 overlap|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||28 February 1925|
The station and suburb were named in honour of James Vincent Hughes, mayor of Oakleigh from 1924 to 1925, who, with the Poath Road Railway Station League, lobbied heavily for a new station for the area. Before the station was built, Hughesdale was the site of the junctions of both the Outer Circle and Rosstown railway lines with the Dandenong/Gippsland line.
The Level Crossing Removal Authority has recently announced a grade separation project to replace the Poath Road level crossing immediately to the west of the station. This will include rebuilding of the railway station.
Platforms & services
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Cranbourne
- Hughesdale Vicsig
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. August 1977. p. 183.
- "Works & Safeworking". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. January 1976. p. 18.
- "Crossings". levelcrossings.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- Pakenham Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Cranbourne Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 767 Southland - Box Hill timetable Public Transport Victoria