Hugo Sánchez Portugal
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Hugo Sánchez Portugal|
|Date of birth||15 June 1984|
|Place of birth||Madrid, Spain|
|Date of death||8 November 2014(aged 30)|
|Place of death||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Hugo Sánchez Portugal (15 June 1984 – 8 November 2014) was a Mexican footballer and sports commentator with Televisa Deportes. He was the son of former player and manager of the Mexico national team, Hugo Sánchez.
Sánchez Portugal was born while his father played for Atlético Madrid in Spain. He played as a striker for Mexican club Pumas UNAM, under his father as manager, Sánchez Portugal made his debut for Pumas on 15 May 2004 against Monterrey . He also had a short spell at Atlante but did not appear in any matches for the club.
Personal life and death
On 8 November 2014, he was found dead in his Polanco apartment. The cause of death was later confirmed to be carbon monoxide poisoning, due to obstructed ventilation from a gas-fired water boiler.
- Falleció Hugo Sánchez Portugal Archived 2014-11-09 at the Wayback Machine. - Medio Tiempo (in Spanish)
- Encuentran muerto a hijo de Hugo Sánchez
- Profile Archived 2014-11-09 at the Wayback Machine. - Medio Tiempo (in Spanish)
- Atlante Clausura 2006 stats Archived 2014-11-09 at the Wayback Machine. - Medio Tiempo (in Spanish)
- Confirmaron causa de muerte de Hugo Sánchez Portugal Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine. (in Spanish)