Hugo Salinas Price
Hugo Salinas Price
Hugo Salinas Price in 2009
|Other names||Hugo Benjamin Salinas|
|Alma mater||Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania|
Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM)
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
|Occupation||Electronics Retailer (Retired)|
|Spouse(s)||Esther Pliego de Salinas|
|Children||Ricardo Salinas Pliego|
Esther Salinas Pliego
Guillermo Salinas Pliego
Rebeca Salinas Pliego
Norah Emilia Salinas Pliego
|Parent(s)||Hugo Salina Rocha|
Hugo Salinas Price (born 11 Marrch 1932) is a Mexican business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the founder of Mexico's Elektra retail chain. The current head of Elektra is his son Ricardo Salinas Pliego. Elektra began as a workshop assembling electronic appliances for the Salinas Y Rochas chain, a small regional retailer of appliances. Elektra then set up a direct sales operation offering appliances on installments. Hugo Salinas Price currently is retired from retailing and focuses on being a proponent of a sound financial policy for Mexico. Salinas Price is President, Mexican Civic Association Pro Silver, A.C.
Birth and education
Salinas was born on March 11, 1932 in Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania, his mother's home town. He graduated from the Academy of the New Church Secondary Schools in 1949. He holds degrees from Wharton School from University of Pennsylvania and the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM) as well as a law degree from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
- Has served as Grupo Elektra's Honorary President since 1993.
- From 1952 to 1987, he was a Director of the company.
- He is now President of the Asociación Cívica Mexicana Pro-Plata A.C., which he founded in 1997.
- Plata.com.mx (in English) (Obsolete)
- Plata.com.mx (in English) (New)
- Hugo Salinas interviewed by GoldMoney Foundation
- A speech by Hugo Salinas Price August 25, 2016 http://www.plata.com.mx/Mplata/articulos/articlesFilt.asp?fiidarticulo=293
- "The Dollar Vigilante: An Interview with Hugo Salinas Price on a Return to a Silver Mexican Peso".
- New Church Life 1932, p. 241
- New Church Life 1949, p. 380
|This Mexican business biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|