Hugo and Josephine
|Hugo and Josephine|
|Directed by||Kjell Grede|
|Produced by||Göran Lindgren|
|Written by||Kjell Grede|
|Based on||Hugo and Josephine by
|Music by||Torbjörn Iwan Lundquist|
Hugo and Josephine (Swedish: Hugo och Josefin) is a 1967 Swedish film, written and directed by Kjell Grede. The film is based on the novel with the same name by Maria Gripe, and it stars Fredrik Becklén and Marie Öhman in the lead roles, with Beppe Wolgers, Helena Brodin and Inga Landgré in supporting roles. The film won the Guldbagge Award for Best Film at the 5th Guldbagge Awards.
The film is about a girl named Josephine (Marie Öhman), who is the daughter of a priest and live in the country. She has no friends, but one day she meets Hugo (Fredrik Becklén), who is the nephew of the gardener Gudmarson. Along with him and Gudmarson (Beppe Wolgers), she experiences a fantastic summer.
- Fredrik Becklén as Hugo Andersson
- Marie Öhman as Josephine (Jenny Grå)
- Beppe Wolgers as Gudmarsson, gardener and Hugo's uncle
- Inga Landgré as Josephine's mother
- Helena Brodin as miss Ingrid Sund, the teacher
- Bellan Roos as Lyra, the lonely old woman on a bicycle
- Karl Carlsson as Karl Carlsson
- Tord Stål as Josephine's father (voice)
- "Hugo och Josefin (1967)". Swedish Film Institute. 1 March 2014.
- Hugo and Josephine at the Internet Movie Database
- Hugo and Josephine at the Swedish Film Institute Database
|This article related to Swedish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|