Huguette Caland (née El Khoury) (Arabic: أوغيت الخوري ; born 1931), is a Lebanese painter, sculptor and fashion designer living in Los Angeles, noted for her nudes. Caland, whose father, Bechara El Khoury was the first president of Lebanon from 1943 to 1952, co-founded INAASH (Association for the Development of Palestinian Camps), which creates jobs for refugee women and sells their embroidery. She inspired a "historic" exhibition on Palestinian embroidery at the Craft and Folk Art Museum in Los Angeles.
- Huguette Caland, Galerie Janine Rubeiz, Beirut, 2011
- Huguette Caland Retrospective, Beirut Exhibition Center, 2013
- Art from Lebanon, Beirut Exhibition Center, 2012
- ""Rebirth", questions de vie et de mort". L'Orient - Le Jour (in French). June 27, 2011.
- "The Mannequin Collective: More Than 100 Participants 'Flesh Out' On-Site Art Exhibit for New Santa Monica Place". News Wire. July 7, 2010.
- "Huguette Caland’s Nirvana". deloffreart.com. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- Briscoe, David (March 2, 1994). "Arab Women's Art breaks Prototypes". Albany Times Union.
- Mc Donnell, Pat (October 2006). "Sovereign threads". News Wire.
- Mc Donnell, Pat (December 1, 2006). "Regrets too few to mention: Pat McDonnell Twair visits Huguette Caland, the woman behind LA's historic Sovereign Threads exhibition of Palestinian embroidery (see TME October 2006) at her unique Venice, California home.". Middle East.
- "Expo : Huguette Caland à la Galerie Janine Rubeiz". Agenda Culturel. 2011-01-16. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Huguette Caland". Beirut Exhibition Center. 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Art From Lebanon". Beirut Exhibition Center. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Anne Mullin Burnham, 1994, Reflections in Women's Eyes, Saudi Aramco World
- Fayeq Owis, 2008, Huguette Caland, Encyclopedia of Arab American Artists
- Joanne Warfield, Byzantium in Venice: A Visit with Huguette Caland, The Scream
- "Huguette Caland: Her Magical World", Los Angeles Times, June 19, 2003, 
- Caland's page at the Levantine Cultural Center
- Caland's web site
|This article about a Lebanese painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|