Huish Episcopi Academy
|Motto||Personal success, aiming high,|
Huish Episcopi, Langport
|DfE URN||136294 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Students||1,469 as of September 2012[update]|
|Houses||Huish and Episcopi|
Huish Episcopi Academy is a mixed secondary school located in Huish Episcopi near Langport, Somerset, England. Huish Episcopi has the academy status and has done since 2010. It is a state secondary school for pupils ages 11 to 18. The Principal is Andy Davis. The school has a specialist status as a Science College and Language College. As of August 2014[update], it has 1,409 students. A range of subjects are offered, including Design Technology in Food, Textiles, and Resistant Materials, Modern Foreign Languages, and Information Technology.
The Ofsted inspection in March 2007 gave the school, prior to its conversion to an academy, an overall grade of "Outstanding". In September 2012, the academy was inspected and its rating was reduced to good.
Notable former pupils of the school include fashion designer Alice Temperley, who was awarded the MBE in 2011, and Jonathan Girt. Temperley supplied the evening dress used by Pippa Middleton at the Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.
- This Is Somerset (2 September 2010). "Secondary schools consider switch to academy status". Western Daily Press. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Huish Episcopi Academy". Tutorhunt. August 2014. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Huish Episcopi School Ofsted Report
- "Inspection report: Huish Episcopi Academy" (PDF). Ofsted. 12–13 September 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Pippa ensures that dress designer has turn in spotlight". Cheddar Valley Gazette. 5 May 2011. p. 7.
|This article relating to a school or sixth form college in Somerset is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|