The area was acquired by Aker municipality in 1921. The bathing beach is divided into a regular public beach and a naturist beach area. The naturist beach is on a shank northwest of Hukodden, formerly the garden of the brush manufacturer Jordan.
Jens Stoltenberg's second government bought in 2005 a villa with shoreline bordering the public beach at Huk, and in 2006 opened a new public beach there. The villa was later resold but the shoreline is still open for all.
The area is accessible by bus number 30 from central Oslo.
- Knut Are Tvedt, ed. (2000). Oslo byleksikon (4th ed.). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. p. 209. (in Norwegian) ISBN 82-573-0815-3
- Huk naturiststrand på Bygdøy www,nudist.no (in Norwegian)
- Huk Naturiststrand www.oslofjorden.com (in Norwegian)
- NRK – Første gang på naturiststrand» NRK (in Norwegian)
- Huk & Paradisbukta www.visitnorway.com (in English)
- Huk-eiendommen på Bygdøy sikres som friluftsområde Government of Norway Oct 21, 2005 (in Norwegian)
- Huk badeplass, Bygdø (in Norwegian)
- Henry Moore Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian)
- Bus line 30 www.ruter.no 30 Nydalen-Bygdøy](in Norwegian)