Hult International Business School
|Arthur D. Little School of Management|
|Motto||The Global Business School|
|Type||Private business school|
San Francisco, USA,
New York City, USA,
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (June 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hult International Business School (also known as Hult Business School or Hult) is a private business school with campuses in Cambridge, London, San Francisco, Dubai, New York City, and Shanghai. Hult, named for the school's benefactor Bertil Hult, is the successor of an American institution, the Arthur D. Little School of Management, founded in 1964 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and of a British institution, the Ashridge Business School, founded in 1959 in Ashridge, England.
The school is patron to the Hult Prize, the world's largest student competition for social good, which is held in collaboration with the United Nations Foundation and former U.S President Bill Clinton.
The Arthur D. Little School of Management was founded in 1964 by Arthur Dehon Little in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Originally developed as an executive management education program, the school began to grant degrees after receiving full accreditation by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges in 1976. In 1996, the Arthur D. Little School of Management formed a partnership with Boston College's Carroll School of Management in order to share access to faculty and facilities.
In 1929, Ashridge was formally established as the College of Citizenship with the backing of the Conservative Party, under the academic advisory of Arthur Bryant, famed English economic historian. In 1959, the college was re-established as a school of management under the name Ashridge Business School.
In 2002, Swedish billionaire Bertil Hult purchased the Arthur D. Little School of Management, which resulted in the school's reorganization and reestablishment as Hult International Business School in 2003. Under its restructuring, Hult established a new curriculum oriented on international business, which led to the establishment of Hult's global campuses in Dubai (2008), San Francisco (2010), Shanghai (2011), and New York (2014).
In 2007, Hult acquired Huron University in London, a private American university located in London's Bloomsbury neighborhood, which subsequently was reestablished as Hult International Business School's London campus.
In 2014, Hult International Business School acquired and merged with Ashridge Business School, creating one of the largest business schools in the world. After 2015, the two schools began operating as a singular entity, with the establishment of Ashridge Executive Education as Hult's executive program.
Hult maintains 7 campuses across 6 countries and serves approximately 3,000 students: three undergraduate and postgraduate campuses (London, San Francisco, and Boston), three solely postgraduate campuses (Dubai, Shanghai, New York City), and one executive education campus (Ashridge Estate in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom). Students are encouraged to rotate between campuses during their programs.
The Hult London Undergraduate Campus, built by British firm Sergison Bates Architects, won the Royal Institute of British Architects National Award in 2015.
|Business School Rankings|
|Financial Times - Global Ranking||54|
|Bloomberg - Global Ranking||100|
|Forbes - International MBAs||15|
|Bloomberg - International MBAs||66|
|The Economist - Global Ranking||43|
|The Economist - Executive MBAs||50|
|Financial Times - MBA||Unranked|
|Financial Times - Executive MBAs||87|
|Master of Intl. Business Rankings|
|The Economist - Global Ranking||17|
|Times Higher Education - Global||19|
The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education classifies Hult as a More Selective Institution.
Hult's Master of International Business program was ranked #17 in The Economist's ranking of Masters in Management programs worldwide in 2019.
The Financial Times ranked Hult’s program in the top 10 for international mobility of graduates in its Global Masters in Management Ranking 2018.
EY Tech MBA by Hult
On 1 July 2020, Hult and EY announced the EY Tech MBA by Hult, consisting of online learning, practical experiences, insight papers and a capstone project. This MBA is now offered by EY free to all its people, regardless of rank or location and can be done over any duration. The curriculum is updated every four months. 
Hult International Business School is the lead sponsor of the Hult Prize (formerly Hult Global Case Challenge), an annual international case competition launched in 2010 that asks students to find solutions to global social challenges. The Prize is a partnership between Hult International Business School, the Clinton Global Initiative, and the United Nations Foundation.
- Thabo Mbeki, 2nd President of South Africa
- Htin Kyaw, 9th President of Myanmar
- Luis Abinader, current President of the Dominican Republic
- Gary Smith, CEO of Ciena
- André Bier Gerdau Johannpeter, CEO of Gerdau
- Hixonia Nyasulu, Chairwoman of Sasol
- Oba Otudeko, Founder of Honeywell Group and Forbes Africa's 40 Richest
- Walter Bayly Llona, CEO of Credicorp
- Shaun Gregory, CEO of Exterion Media
- Nataliey Bitature, 2016 World Economic Forum's Top 5 African Innovators & 2014 Forbes 30 Under 30
- Anil Shastri, Indian parliamentarian; son of former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Mbaranga Gasarabwe, United Nations Assistant Secretary-General for Safety and Security
- Juan Cohen, parliamentarian in the Central American Parliament
- Tonika Sealy-Thompson, Barbados' Ambassador to Brazil
- Beresford, Philip (19 April 2017). "How much will Brexit harm business schools?". Management Today.
- "International Business School Faculty - Hult". Hult Business School. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Carnegie Classifications - Institution Lookup". carnegieclassifications.iu.edu. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "U.S. News & World Report - Hult International Business School". usnews.com. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Hult International Business School". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- Gordon, Adam. "Ashridge Hult Offers Mindset Shift For Those 'Fed Up With Business School'". Forbes. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "President Bill Clinton Announces the Hult Prize at the Clinton Global Initiative Hult Blog". hult.edu. 25 October 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "SBM Students Compete for $1 Million Hult Prize - School of Business and Management". www.qmul.ac.uk. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Hult International Business School". 10 April 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2019 – via The Economist.
- "The Observatory on Borderless Higher Education - Arthur D. Little School of Management". obhe.ac.uk. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Arthur D. Little, Inc.: Exhibits: Institute Archives & Special Collections: MIT". libraries.mit.edu.
- "Arthur D. Little, Inc.: Exhibits: Institute Archives & Special Collections: MIT". libraries.mit.edu. Archived from the original on 2010-03-12.
- "Student life: top ten UK business schools". 9 May 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2019 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "A glimpse at the archives of a Conservative intellectual project". Contemporary British History. 19 (1). 2005.
- "Ashridge College". Rural Heritage Trust. Archived from the original on 5 March 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Hult business school opens dedicated campus in Dubai Internet City". The National. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Hult International Business School to Open New San Francisco Campus Hult Blog". hult.edu. 28 October 2009. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "From Huron to Hult Hult Blog". hult.edu. 16 March 2009. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- Bradshaw, Della (4 July 2014). "Ashridge and Hult International announce plans to merge". Financial Times. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Governance". Ashridge.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2 April 2016. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- School, Hult International Business. "Hult International Business School Expands in London, Boston, and San Francisco". www.newswire.ca. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-12-23. Retrieved 2013-02-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-02-15. Retrieved 2013-02-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Hult International Business School". Times Higher Education (THE). 2019-03-25. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "Awards". sergisonbates.com. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Price & Myers". www.pricemyers.com. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Hult International Business School Ranking - Hult". Hult Business School. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- Handley, Cassandra (July 7, 2017). "Hult Real-time Research with Google and Ferrari: Behind the scenes". Hult News.
- "Airbnb and Hult Collaborate on Groundbreaking Global Research Project". Hult News. December 7, 2016.
- "Hult International - Business School - School Admissions The Princeton Review B-School Rankings & GMAT Scores". www.princetonreview.com. Retrieved 2019-04-01.
- "Hult International Business School". www.accessmba.com. Retrieved 2019-06-19.
- Ortmans, Laurent (2018-09-10). "Global Masters in Management ranking 2018: analysis and methodology". Financial Times. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- "Hult collaborates with Ernst & Young to offer the virtual EY Tech MBA by Hult for EY's employees". hult.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- "Hult Global Case Challenge Launches with Water.org". Triple Pundit. Archived from the original on 2011-08-16. Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "CGI Members Made Nearly 300 New Commitments To Address Global Challenges; Since CGI Launched, Commitments Worth $63 Billion Have Improved the Lives of Nearly 300 Million People in More Than 170 Countries". Clinton Global Initiative. Retrieved 2010-09-23.
- "Innovation Excellence – Bill Clinton Favorites Hult Global Case Challenge". Archived from the original on 2012-10-04. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Matt Damons Charity Benefits From Global MBA Advice". Financial Times. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "Prime Info 24 - Thabo Mbeki Biography, Age, Wiki, Wife, Children, Family, Books, Awards, Profile". Archived from the original on 2019-04-16. Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- Public Radio International - Who the heck is Myanmar’s new president?
- GlobeNewswire - GokdQuest Congratulates Dominican Republic's President-Elect Luis Abinader
- Ciena Leadership: Gary Smith
- "André Bier Gerdau Johannpeter: Executive Profile & Biography". Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa - AGRA Leadership: Thembalihle Hixonia Nyasulu
- The Africa CEO Forum - Oba Otudeko
- Reuters - Credicorp
- Bloomberg - Executive Profile: Shaun Gregory
- World Bank Blogs - Nataliey Bitature
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management - Board of Governors: Anil Shashtri
- United Nations - Secretary-General Appoints Mbaranga Gasarabwe of Rwanda Assistant Secretary-General for Safety and Security
- Partido Nacional Voluntad Ciudadana - Juan Cohen Sander
- July 18, John Hickey|; 2019July 22; 2019 (2019-07-18). "Madam Ambassador: The unusual trip from Barbados to Berkeley to Brazil". Berkeley News. Retrieved 2020-08-03.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hult International Business School.|
- Official website
- Hult International Business School at National Center for Education Statistics: College Navigator