|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015)|
|District of Malaysia|
|State||Selangor Darul Ehsan|
|Seat||Kuala Kubu Bharu|
|• District officer||Nor Hisyam Ahmad Dahlan|
|• Total||1,740.47 km2 (672.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (290/sq mi)|
Hulu Selangor is a district in Selangor, Malaysia. It is located in the northeastern part of Selangor. It borders the state of Perak to the north, Pahang to the east, Sabak Bernam district to the northwest, Kuala Selangor district to its southwest and Gombak district to the south.
Selangor River sources from this area, hence giving the district's name.
Hulu Selangor further divides into 13 mukim:
Majlis Daerah Hulu Selangor (Hulu Selangor District Council, MDHS) is the local authority which administrates District Of Hulu Selangor. This agency is under Selangor state government. MDHS is responsible for public health and sanitation, waste removal and management, town planning, environmental protection and building control, social and economic development and general maintenance functions of urban infrastructure.
It was established on 1 January 1977 according to Section 4 Local Government Act 1976 (Act 171) by merger of:
- Rawang City Council
- Kuala Kubu Bharu Local Council
- Kalumpang Local Council
The total area under the administration of the council is 174,047 hectares.
President Of Hulu Selangor District Council (Yang Dipertua)
Tuan Tukiman Bin Nail (current)
- Jabatan Perancangan Pembangunan (Planning Development Department)
- Jabatan Khidmat Pengurusan (Management Department)
- Jabatan Kemasyarakatan, Belia dan Sukan (Community, Youth and Sports Department)
- Jabatan Pembangunan dan Penyelengaraan (Development and Maintenance Department)
- Jabatan Kesihatan dan Persekitaran (Health and Environment Department)
- Jabatan Penilaian dan Pengurusan Harta (Valuation Department)
- Jabatan Kawalan Bangunan (Building Control Department)
- Jabatan Perbendaharaan (Treasury Department)
- Unit Audit Dalam (Inner Audit Unit)
- Unit Perundangan (Judicial Unit)
Official flower and tree
Sunflower is the symbol of the Hulu Selangor District Council, on the basis is that it is always cheerful and prepared to serve every customer with efficiency and satisfaction.
The Mahogany tree is the official tree for Hulu Selangor and the main tree being planted at Kuala Kubu Bharu.
- "Official Website of the Hulu Selangor District Council". Retrieved 14 October 2013.
|This article about a location in the Sultanate of Selangor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|