Hulu Terengganu Hydroelectric Project
This article is incomplete.(January 2011)
|Hulu Terengganu Hydroelectric Project|
|Commission date||1st Unit expected on 16 September 2015 & 2nd Unit expected on 17 December 2015|
|Owner(s)||Tenaga Nasional Berhad|
|Thermal power station|
The project proponent is Tenaga Nasional Berhad, the largest electricity utility company in Malaysia.
The project is located about 50 km West of Kuala Terengganu uptream of Tasik Kenyir reservoir involving dams on both the Terengganu and Tembat rivers.
Construction is set to commence in 2010 and is estimated to be completed by 2016. It is an underground power plant project.
The International Union for Conservation of Nature has deemed 94 plant and animal species in the region threatened by extinction. Environmentalists are concerned that the project will kill endangered wildlife.
- List of power stations in Malaysia
- Environmental concerns with electricity generation
- Environmental issues in Malaysia
- R.S.N. MURALI and SHAHRIL CHE WAN (18 November 2008). "TNB to build another hydroelectric plant in Terengganu". Star Publications (M) Bhd. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 31 May 2009.
- TAN CHENG LI (26 May 2009). "Lost wilderness". Star Publications (M) Bhd. Archived from the original on 2 June 2009. Retrieved 31 May 2009.