Hum TV logo since January 2013.
|Slogan||Hum Aur Aap Har Pal Saath|
|Headquarters||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Picture format||4:3 480p (2005-2018)|
16:9 1080p, HDTV (2018-present)
2160p, 4KTV (2018-present)
|Owner||Hum Network Limited|
|Key people||Sultana Siddiqui (President)|
|Sister channels||Style 360|
|Launched||17 January 2005|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Hum Europe 761|
Hum News 782
Hum Masala 720
|Astra 2G (28.2°E)||11538 V 22000 5/6|
|HUM TV Live||Watch Live|
Hum TV is a 24-hour Urdu General Entertainment TV channel based in Karachi, Pakistan. It was founded by Sultana Siddiqui and Duraid Qureshi. It is owned by Hum Network Limited (KSE:HUMNL). Hum Network Limited was known as Eye Television Network Limited prior to 21 January 2011. Hum TV began its transmission on 17 January 2005. In March 2013, Hum Network held its first Hum Awards ceremony. As of 1 May 2018 Hum TV shut down its SD feed and is only is available in HD in Pakistan.
Hum TV is one of Pakistan's biggest entertainment networks and regularly is in top ranks and maintains a loyal fanbase on social media, streaming platforms, as well on television.
The channel's drama series Humsafar, broadcast in 2011–2012, has become the most successful program of the channel to date, earning it widespread acclaim and international recognition. Due to its success, critics referred to Pakistani television as a "Golden Age". At the 1st Hum Awards ceremony it was awarded the Hum Honorary Phenomenal Serial Award. Hum TV caters to all genres from entertainment. While HUM caters to urban Pakistan, most dramas on Hum TV at the moment are skewed towards a teen/youth audience, with some other serials being aimed at a more mature urban audience.
Hum TV's programming has been known for shows like Humsafar, Zindagi Gulzar Hai, Shehr-e-Zaat, Aangan, Aahista Aahista, Digest Writer, O Rangreza, Daldal, Dastaan, Baandi, Ishq Tamasha, Suno Chanda, Ehd-e-Wafa, Yaqeen Ka Safar and Yeh Dil Mera and recent Blockbuster Sabaat etc.
The other Hum TV shows are being produced by Moomal Entertainment owned by Moomal Shunaid, wife of Siddiqui's eldest son Shunaid Siddiqui. Moomal Entertainment was founded in 2014.
- List of Pakistani television serials
- List of television stations in Pakistan
- Hum Masala
- Style 360
- Hum Sitaray
- Hum Europe
- Hum World
- Hum Films
- Hum Award
- List of programs broadcast by Hum TV
- "HUM NETWORK LTD (HUMNL:Karachi): Company Description - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Hum Network Ltd (HUMN.KA) Key Developments". Reuters.com. 27 January 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Hum Awards 2013: Another awards night for TV buffs". The Express Tribune. 18 February 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Live | HUM TV - Watch Dramas Online". HUM TV - Watch Dramas Online. 25 March 2017. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- Tirmizi, Farooq (14 August 2019). "How Hum Networks rose to become one of the biggest names in Pakistani entertainment". Profit by Pakistan Today. Retrieved 13 April 2020.
- "Popular Pakistani television drama Humsafar reaches Toronto fans via web". The Star. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Odho, Atiqa (24 February 2012). "Humsafar-Muhabbaton ka Safar the most successful drama in recent times". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Tejani, Quratulain (14 December 2011). "Humsafar: Here's what the noise is about". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- Zakariya, Sbahat (29 November 2015). "Drama Serials:Golden Age?". Dawn News. Retrieved 3 March 2012.
- "Hum Honorary TV Award". Dawn News. 16 March 2013. Retrieved 26 March 2013.