Human Body: Pushing the Limits
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Human Body: Pushing the Limits is a television program that premiered on the Discovery Channel on March 2, 2008 in North America. The first two episodes aired March 2, and the final two aired March 9 at 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. E.S.T.
This show covers how the body reacts under extreme stress like being stuck in a cave or running away from forest fires. It is made up of four episodes that all concentrate on certain aspects of the body:
- Strength - How the muscles react under stress. Includes stories of people lifting masses 6 times his or her weight or running at speeds that Olympic runners can't match.
- Sight - How the eyes can see better and with more detail in emergency situations.
- Brainpower - How the brain can order the body to do things it usually could not or would not do. Examples include how the brain can order the body to eat its own muscles for energy, or make it eat things that would usually be disgusting. It also covers dreaming (including lucid dreaming).
- Sensation - Reactions to pain and similar sensations, as well as how techniques such as hypnosis, meditation, and focus can alter perception of them.
- Human Body: Pushing the Limits (Discovery Channel)
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|