Human Head Studios
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Video game industry|
It was founded in October 1997 by a group of six developers formerly from Raven Software: Chris Rhinehart, Paul MacArthur, Shane Gurno, Ben Gokey, James Sumwalt, and Ted Halsted—later joined by game producer Tim Gerritsen. Their first game was Rune, a third-person Viking action game. The company also worked on the long-anticipated first-person shooter Prey, a game that was executive produced by 3D Realms.
On April 20, 2007, a news report indicated that the company's headquarters were partially destroyed in a fire. No injuries were reported. On October 1, 2007, the company moved back into their newly renovated offices. In 2014, Human Head announced that they have revived a multiplayer video game called Minimum from TimeGate Studios, which filed for bankruptcy in 2013. Their most recent major release is The Quiet Man, an action-adventure beat-em-up published by Square Enix which features full-motion video cutscenes.
|2000||Blair Witch Volume II: The Legend of Coffin Rock||Gathering of Developers||Microsoft Windows|
|2000||Rune||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux|
|2001||Rune: Halls of Valhalla||Microsoft Windows|
|2001||Rune: Viking Warlord||Take-Two Interactive||PlayStation 2|
|2004||Dead Man's Hand||Atari, SA||Xbox, Microsoft Windows|
|2006||Prey||2K Games||Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, macOS, Linux|
|2011||Brink||Bethesda Softworks||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|2012||Fort Courage||Human Head Studios||iOS|
|2013||BioShock Infinite||2K Games||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|2013||Batman: Arkham Origins||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment||Wii U|
|2014||Minimum||Atari, SA||Microsoft Windows|
|2015||Lost Within||Amazon Game Studios||iOS, Android|
|2015||Dungeon Defenders II||Trendy Entertainment||PlayStation 4|
|2018||The Quiet Man||Square Enix||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4|
|2018||Survived By||Digital Extremes||Microsoft Windows|
|2019||Rune 2||Epic Games||Microsoft Windows|
- Keefer, John (March 31, 2006). "GameSpy Retro: Developer Origins". GameSpy. Archived from the original on June 25, 2009. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- "Massive Fire Destroys East Side Building". Channel3000. April 20, 2007. Archived from the original on February 5, 2012. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- Chalk, Andy (April 10, 2014). "Ex-Prey 2 Studio Takes Over TimeGate's Minimum". The Escapist. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- R. Conklin, Aaron (July 24, 2014). "Inside the minds of Human Head Studios". Isthmus. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Human Head Studios worked on Batman: Arkham Origins for Wii U". Nintendo Everything. October 25, 2013. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- Phillips, Tom (March 3, 2015). "Prey developer Human Head announces survival horror Lost Within". Eurogamer. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- Crecente, Brian (June 11, 2015). "Dungeon Defenders 2 coming to PS4 this year with help from Prey developer". Polygon. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- Minotti, Mike (June 11, 2018). "The Quiet Man may be Square Enix's first deaf hero". VentureBeat. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- Pitcher, Jenna (October 30, 2014). "Bethesda officially confirms Prey 2 cancellation". IGN. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|