Human Resource (band)
|Also known as||Human Resource 44 M, Human Nature, HR|
|Genres||Techno, hardcore techno, hardstyle, hard techno, gabber|
|Years active||1990–1999, 2004–present|
|Labels||2B Free Records, K.N.O.R. Records, 80 Aum Records, EDM|
|Past members||Kirk Patrick|
Johan van Beek
Human Resource is a Dutch electronic music group established in 1990.
First members of the group were mixer Robert Mahu and keyboardist Johan Van Beek. They were later joined by keyboardists Jasper Drexhage and Guido Pernet (also MC) and finally by rapper and former professional basketball player Larenzo Nash. They came from Ridderkerk area. In 1991 they released their biggest hit, "Dominator", famous for being remixed by Joey Beltram and including one of the first uses of Hoover sound. Remix version appeared on The Pitchfork 500. It was allegedly sampled in Lady Gaga's single Bad Romance in 2009 without royalties or permission and lawfully sampled in Rihanna's "Birthday Cake".
In 1992 Van Beek left without permanent replacement. Soon after rapper Marvin D became band's member but left in 1995. After Drexhage's departure over dissatisfaction with new hardcore sound he was replaced by Sander Scheurwater. Human Resource disbanded in the end of 1990s.
Guido Pernet formed band once again, this time with Zenon Zevenbergen, former MC for gabber producer Patrick van Kerckhoven and vocalist of T99, and Maurice Steenbergen of Rotterdam Termination Source. Zevenbergen left soon after the tour in 2005. The same year there was introduced new gabber music festival named Dominator.
- 1991: Dominating the World (2B Free Records) #60 Dutch Album Top 100
- 1993: Kicking Noise of Rotterdam (2B Free Records)
- 1991: Dominator (80 Aum Records) #6 Dutch Top 40, #6 Ultratop 50 Singles, #36 UK Singles Chart
- 1992: The Joke (2B Free Records) #40 Dutch Top 40
- 1992: Me The Power! (2B Free Records)
- 1992: Rave-O-lution (2B Free Records)
- 1993: Beyond The Edge (2B Free Records)
- 1994: Fuck Them (K.N.O.R. Records)
- 1996: Dominator '96 (K.N.O.R. Records)
- 1996: In The Hall of the Mountain King (K.N.O.R. Records)
- http://gabber.fm/artist/Human%20Resource&bio. "Human Resource". gabber.fm. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- Geerdink, Jochem (21 November 2009). "Overdrijven is ook een vak" (in Dutch). tpo.nl. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Terug in de tijd: Human Resource – Dominator". dj2dj.nl (in Dutch). 17 April 2011. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Human Resource". dutchcharts.com. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Human Resource: Dominator". ultratop.be (in Dutch). Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Human Resource". Official Charts. Retrieved 9 April 2018.