Human Rights League (French-speaking Belgium)
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Human Rights League (Belgium). (Discuss) Proposed since February 2016.|
The Human Rights League for speakers of French in Belgium is by them called Ligue des droits de l'homme.
The in 1901 founded national organisation Ligue des Droits de l'Homme had been dissolved during World War I and its successor by World War II. It was recreated in 1954 as the Ligue Belge pour la Défense des Droits de l’Homme that was split in 1978 internally, and since 1982 officially, into the Dutch-speaking Liga voor Mensenrechten and the in this article described French-speaking Ligue des droits de l'homme (LDH or LDHB).
The French name is identical to the one for the similar organisation in France, see Human Rights League (France) (LDH). The International Federation of Human Rights Leagues (FIDH) shows LDH and LDHB as abbreviation for the French-speaking organisation in Belgium, which since 1992 is also associated with the European League for Human Rights, abbreviated AEDH from its French name Association Européenne pour la défense des Droits de l'Homme. The latter's web site however, shows LDH as abbreviation for both organisations.
- (French) Le prix Régine Orfinger-Karlin 2006 - Dossier de presse page 18 'Plus de cent ans de Ligue des Droits de l'Homme', Ligue des droits de l’Homme asbl, 7 December 2006 (retrieved 23 February 2009)
- (Dutch) Em. prof. dr. Lode Van Outrive (1932-2009) overleden Paul Pataer, president of the Liga voor de Mensenrechten: "In 1982 werd de Belgische Liga voor de Verdediging van de Rechten van de Mens communautair opgesplitst en werd de Vlaamse Liga voor Mensenrechten boven de doopvont gehouden.", KUL, August 2009 (retrieved 23 February 2010)
- (French) Belgique >> Ligue des Droits de l'Homme (LDHB) (LDHB in title, LDH at contact), web site FIDH, 19 February 2004 (retrieved 24 February 2010)
- Belgium web site AEDH (retrieved 24 February 2010)
- (French) FIDH - 155 organisations de défense des droits de l'Homme à travers le monde the International Federation of Human Rights Leagues's list of 155 organisations worldwide (web retrieval 22 February 2010)
- AEDH member leagues (web retrieval 22 February 2010)
|This article about an organisation in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Belgium-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|