Humsafar Express at Kamakhya Jn
|First service||16 December 2016|
|Current operator(s)||Indian Railways|
|Catering facilities||On-board catering |
|Observation facilities||Large windows in all carriages|
|Entertainment facilities||Reading Lights |
Electric & USB outlets
|Other facilities||Smoke alarms |
Baby changing table
Odour control system
Passenger information system
|Rolling stock||LHB rake|
|Track gauge||Indian Gauge|
1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)
|Track owner(s)||Indian Railways|
Humsafar Express is a fully AC 3-tier service with all the modern facilities designed and operated by Indian Railways. Its services include long haul routes. The first service was inaugurated on 16 December 2016 between Gorakhpur and Anand Vihar, (New Delhi). The fares of Humsafar Express at the time of launch are around 15-20% higher compared to normal AC-3 tier trains.
- Railways has added a Changing table for babies in the toilet.
- Vending machines are installed for tea, coffee & milk.
- 110V DC electric ports and USB ports are provided for each passenger.
- Reading lights for each passenger.
- More comfortable berths than the previous 3-tier AC sleeper rakes.
- Seat-number stickers are braille-integrated.
- Each compartment has Bio-toilets fitted for proper disposal of human waste.
- The exterior of coaches has a futuristic look with the use of Vinyl sheets.
- GPS based passenger information system at each end of the coach to display speed & station information on LED displays with voice announcements.
- Compartments are equipped with smoke alarms and CCTV cameras to enhance passenger security.
- Heating chamber and refrigerating box are installed in each coach to preserve the food that was brought from home by the passengers.
- Curtains to maintain privacy and a dustbin to maintain cleanliness is provided in each cabin.
- Each coach has three odour control systems fitted across the aisle.
- Khadi bedrolls are provided.
- "First look of Humsafar Express: An all new 3-Tier AC train - First look of Humsafar Express: An all new 3-Tier AC train". The Economic Times. PTI. 15 September 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Kochuveli - Banaswadi Humsafar Express Introduced". India Rail Info.
- Bullet train (Mumbai-Ahmedabad)
- Vande Bharat Express
- Humsafar Express
- Antyodaya Express
- Uday Express
- Tejas Express
- AC Superfast Express
- Mahamana Express
- Gatimaan Express
- Rajdhani Express
- Shatabdi Express
- Jan Shatabdi Express
- Sampark Kranti Express
- Double Decker Express
- Jan Sadharan Express
- Garib Rath Express
- Duronto Express
- Rajya Rani Express
- Kavi Guru Express
- Vivek Express
- Yuva Express
- Train 20
- Train 19
- Train 18