|Created by||Gorky Max|
|Written by||Harneet Singh|
|Directed by||Gul Khan|
|Creative director(s)||Nimisha Pandey|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||106|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Original network||Sony TV|
|Original release||22 September 2014 –|
27 February 2015
|Official website of Humsafars|
Humsafars (Life Partners) is an Indian television drama show which aired from 22 September 2014 to 27 February 2015. Produced by Gul Khan under 4 Lions Films, it starred Harshad Chopda and Shivya Pathania.
The show chronicles the love story of Arzoo, who values truthful relationships, and Sahir, who is caught between his affection for Arzoo and nostalgia for his comatose wife.
Arzoo (Shivya Pathania) is a hardworking and virtuous woman, who lives with her mother, Nausheen and two sisters, Zara and Myra in Lucknow. She dreams of becoming a successful fashion designer. When her family's factory burns down, Arzoo decides to leave for Mumbai. She finds work at the prestigious fashion house Saiyaara.
Arzoo accidentally disrupts an ongoing fashion show and is confronted by a man named Sahir (Harshad Chopda), who turns out to be the CEO and her boss. Arzoo moves into the Chaudhary house where she stays with Sahir's mother Alvira, his younger brother Zaki, Sahir's sister-in-law Anam who is married to his brother Siraj, and their close relative, Kurti Aapa.
Sahir gradually begins to develop feelings for Arzoo but stops himself. It is soon revealed that Sahir has a wife named Zeenat who has been in a coma after a car accident that happened seven years ago. Sahir is determined to fulfill his promise to her of becoming a very successful businessman.
A love triangle forms as Arzoo falls for Sahir and Zaki falls for Arzoo. After Kurti Aapa poisons his mind, Sahir believes that Arzoo is a gold-digger. He challenges Zaki that he will prove it. Sahir romances Arzoo, and tells her he is in love with her, after which she too confesses her feelings. Zaki tries to warn Aarzoo but fails. Sahir asks her to marry him and she agrees but soon after he breaks her heart by revealing that he is already married and that he was playing her. Sahir immediately learns that he actually does love Arzoo, and hates himself for hurting her.
Zaki, still bent on marrying Arzoo, confesses his love to her. Arzoo tentatively accepts to defy Sahir, who interrupts their marriage and blackmails Arzoo into marrying him. Zeenat shows signs of recovering from coma and is brought home. Arzoo suspects Zeenat is out of the coma but is unable to prove anything. Someone tries to shoot Aarzoo but Sahir takes the bullet. After an operation, he arrives home when someone tries to poison his IV drip but Arzoo saves him. Police Inspector Vikram Singh Rathore comes to stay with the family to protect them.
Arzoo learns that Alvira is Zeenat's mother and Sahir is her son-in-law. Someone tries to drown Zeenat and Arzoo is blamed but Sahir and Alvira come to her rescue. Believing him to still be in love with Zeenat, Arzoo asks Sahir about his past and he tells her that Arzoo can never be like Zeenat because of her good heart as opposed to Zeenat.
Anam learns that Zeenat is pretending to be in a coma and is working with Vikram who is in love with her. Arzoo gets kidnapped, and Anam is held responsible. Anam blackmails Alvira saying that she has a video showing Alvira was behind Zeenat's accident. Arzoo discovers and confronts Zeenat who knows that her fake coma won't last long. Before Arzoo can tell Alvira and Sahir, she pretends to come out of the coma and pretends to ask Sahir for forgiveness. Anam tells Arzoo the truth about Zeenat and Vikram but withholds Alvira's secret. Arzoo shares everything with Sahir.
Anam goes missing but she leaves a file behind with Arzoo which turns out to be Zeenat's father's will revealing that Alvira is Zeenat's stepmother and that Zeenat instigated her father against Alvira prompting him to leave all his wealth to Zeenat. To get a fair share for her own children, Alvira arranges Zeenat's accident and later tries to have her killed but fails. She admits she used Sahir so he would get Zeenat's wealth on her death and then after he remarries, the wealth would go to Siraj and Zaki, her own children. Anam escapes from Vikram who follows her to the Chaudhary House and asks Zeenat to leave with him. She refuses to recognise him and he reveals all the misdeeds, including shooting Sahir and trying to poison his IV, for her.
The police arrest Vikram and Zeenat. Kurti Aapa apologizes to Arzoo and Sahir for supporting Zeenat. Sahir and Arzoo promise that they will always love each other. Sahir signs over Saiyaaira to Zaki, and makes Anam the VP. Sahir and Arzoo look back at them for the last time and bid them goodbye. The show ends with Sahir and Arzoo’s happy union.
- Harshad Chopda as Sahir Azim Chaudhary– Zeenat and Arzoo's husband
- Shivya Pathania as Arzoo Nausheen Khan/ Arzoo Sahir Chaudhary - Nausheen and Sarfaraz's daughter, Myra and Zara's older sister, Sahir's second wife
- Vibha Chibber as Alvira Chaudhary– Azeem's widow, Siraj, Zaki and Zeenat's mother
- Jenice Sobti / Neha Janpandit as Zeenat Mahajan (previously Zeenat Chaudhary)– Alvira and Azeem's daughter, Sahir's first wife, Zaki and Siraj's sister
- Sehban Azim as Zaki Chaudhary– Alvira and Azeem's son, Zeenat and Siraj's brother, Arzoo's obsessive lover
- Vishal Nayak as Siraj Chaudhary– Alvira and Azeem's son, Zeenat and Zaki's brother
- Payal Rohatgi as Anam Chaudhary– Siraj's wife, Zeenat's college friend
- Bharat Chawda as ACP Vikram Singh Rathore– Zeenat's lover
- Zeena Bhatia as Kurti Aapa– a close relative of Zeenat's family
- Purva Parag as Nausheen Sheikh (previously Nausheen Khan)– Arzoo, Myra and Zara's mother, Sarfaraz's wife
- Darpan Shrivastava as Sarfaraz Sheikh– Arzoo, Myra and Zara's father, Nausheen's husband
- Madhumalti Kapoor as Alaira Sheikh– Arzoo, Myra and Zara's paternal grandmother, Sarfaraz's mother
- Diana Khan as Myra Sheikh– Nausheen and Sarfaraz's daughter, Arzoo and Zara's sister
- Ruby Dahiya as Zara Sheikh– Nausheen and Sarfaraz's daughter, Arzoo and Myra's sister
- "Sony gears up for two new shows". The Indian Express. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "'Muh Boli Shaadi' to replace 'Humsafars'". The Indian Express. 12 February 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Harshad Chopda returns with unconventional love story 'Humsafars'". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Harshad Chopda is back with Humsafars". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "How Uttar Pradesh is adding a desi flavour to TV shows". mid-day. 4 February 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Harshad Chopra: Took a break to find myself". The Indian Express. 22 September 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Harshad Chopra: Change Has Become a Part of My Lifestyle - NDTV Movies". NDTVMovies.com. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Twists, turns ahead for 'Humsafars'". The Indian Express. 26 December 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Former Miss Shimla Shivya Pathania to play designer in 'Humsafars'". India TV News. 13 September 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Neha Janpandit paired opposite Harshad Chopda in Sony TV's Humsafars". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Sehban Azim: The way people stare at girls in Delhi is unnerving - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Payal Rohatgi revisits her modelling days on TV". The Indian Express. 6 October 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2019.