|Created by||Gorky Max|
|Written by||Harneet Singh|
|Directed by||Gul Khan|
|Creative director(s)||Nimisha Pandey|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||106|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Original network||Sony TV|
|Original release||22 September 2014 –|
27 February 2015
|Official website of Humsafars|
Humsafars (English: Life Partners) is an Indian television drama show which premiered on 22 September 2014. The show aired on Sony TV from Monday to Friday. The show was directed and produced by Gul Khan under the production of 4 Lions Films. It starred Harshad Chopda and Shivya Pathania.
The show chronicles the love story of Arzoo, who values truthful relationships, and Sahir, who is caught between his affection for Arzoo and nostalgia for his comatose wife.
Arzoo (Shivya Pathania) is a hardworking and virtuous woman, who lives with her mother, Nausheen (Purva Parag), and two sisters, Zara (Ruby Dahiya), and Myra (Diana Khan). She dreams of becoming a successful fashion designer. When her family's factory burns down, their only source of income, Arzoo decides to leave for Mumbai. She finds work at the prestigious fashion house Saiyaara. Arzoo accidentally disrupts an ongoing fashion show, and when confronted by a man named Sahir (Harshad Chopda), she throws her cellphone at him in anger, after which she learns that he is the CEO and her boss. She further discovers that he is also Alvira (Vibha Chibber)'s eldest son. While Arzoo stays at the Chaudhary house, Sahir's younger sister-in-law, Anam (Payal Rohatgi), and their close relative, Kurti Aapa (Zeena Bhatia), dislike and consistently taunt Arzoo. Anam steals Arzoo's designs and presents them to Sahir to acquire the position of chief designer. Arzoo ultimately proves that she is the one who rightfully deserves the position. Although Sahir, a pristine and seemingly cold person, is annoyed by Arzoo, he appreciates her effort and talent. He gradually begins to feel attracted to her, but reprimands and controls himself from getting close to her. It is soon revealed that Sahir has a wife named Zeenat (Jonice Sobti/Neha Janpandit), who is in a comatose state due to a car accident that happened seven years ago. Sahir is determined to fulfill his promise to her of becoming a very successful businessman.
A love triangle forms as Arzoo also falls for Sahir, but is too scared to express her feelings, and Alvira's younger son, Zaki (Sehban Azim), falls for Arzoo. After Kurti Aapa poisons his mind, Sahir believes that Arzoo desires to acquire only his wealth and is a gold-digger. He challenges Zaki that he will get Arzoo to express her love to him as a way of showing Zaki that she wants wealth. Sahir pampers and romances Arzoo, and tells her he is in love with her, after which she too hesitantly confesses her feelings. He asks her to marry him and after she agrees, breaks her heart by revealing that he is already married and that his love was just a lie. Sahir immediately learns that he actually does love Arzoo, and hates himself for hurting her. She is shocked by his revelation and vows to hate him. Zaki, still bent on marrying Arzoo, confesses his love to her. Arzoo tentatively accepts his proposal in order to defy Sahir, who interrupts their marriage and blackmails Arzoo to marry him instead. She agrees, and Zaki is left heartbroken. Meanwhile, Zeenat shows signs of recovering from coma and is brought into the house. Arzoo is disturbed when Zeenat grabs her hand and smiles at her, but everyone dismisses her because it seems impossible for any activity to occur while she in a coma. Arzoo believes that Zeenat is out of the coma. In between all this, in order to save Arzoo from a shooter, Sahir takes a bullet. Sahir is taken to the hospital and recovers. When he arrives home, someone puts poison in his IV drip, but Arzoo saves him. When Sahir comes to know this, he asks her why she risked her life in order to save him. She says he also saved her from the bullet.
Arzoo learns that Alvira is not Sahir's mother, but instead she is only Zaki, Siraj (Vishal Nayak), and Zeenat's mother, and Sahir is her son-in-law. Arzoo insists Sahir tell her about his past life with Zeenat, and he says he has a meeting and leaves. Sahir buys flowers for Arzoo and invites her for supper. Arzoo, wanting to look special for the date, orders an outfit from Saiyara, but Kurti Appa exchanges it with a different saree. Arzoo shows up at the restaurant, and Sahir gets upset and says, "You're not Zeenat and you will never be like her either," and tells her that she is wearing Zeenat's saree that he gave her on their anniversary. Arzoo is driving home in tears, and hits Zeenat's wheelchair with the car. Arzoo says, "I know I will never be like Zeenat," and Sahir gets upset and says,"You can never be like her, and I will say it over and over, because you are good and you are mine". Flashbacks are shown of Sahir and Zeenat before the accident. Anam learns that Zeenat is pretending to be in a coma, and she admits that she can live as a widow, but not as Sahir's divorcee.
Arzoo gets kidnapped, and Anam is held responsible for her kidnapping. Anam blackmails Alvira, saying that she knows that she tried to kill Zeenat, and that she has a video and on top she has evidence. Zeenat and Vikram Singh Rathore (Bharat Chawda) plan to kidnap Anam as she knows the truth. Zeenat knows that her fake coma is not going to last she pretends to come out of the coma and is recovering. Anam is kidnapped but she leaves a file behind with Arzoo. Many secrets and plot twists are revealed. The police arrest Rathore and Zeenat, as they are both exposed. Kurti Appa apologizes to Arzoo and Sahir for always supporting Zeenat, who was wrong all along. Sahir and Arzoo promise that they will always love each other. Sahir gives Saiyaaira to Zaki, and makes Anam the VP of Saiyaaira. Sahir and Arzoo look back at them for the last time and bid them goodbye. The show ends with Sahir and Arzoo’s happy union.
- Harshad Chopda as Sahir Azeem Chaudhary/Sahir Thakur (2014–15)
- Shivya Pathania as Arzoo Sarfaraz Sheikh/Arzoo Sahir Thakur (2014–15)
- Sehban Azim as Zaki Azeem Chaudhary; Alvira & Azeem's younger son, Zeenat & Siraj's younger brother, Sahir's foster younger brother, Arzoo's fiancè (2014–15)
- Payal Rohatgi as Anam Siraj Chaudhary; Siraj's wife, Alvira & Azeem's daughter-in-law (2014–15)
- Vishal Nayak as Siraj Azeem Chaudhary; Alvira & Azeem's elder son, Zeenat & Zaki's elder brother, Sahir's foster elder brother, Anam's husband (2014–15)
- Vibha Chibber as Alvira Azeem Chaudhary; Azeem's widow, Siraj, Zeenat & Zaki's mother, Anam's mother-in-law, Sahir's ex mother-in-law & foster mother (2014–15)
- Darpan Shrivastava as Sarfaraz Sheikh; Nausheen's husband, Zara, Myra & Arzoo's father, Sahir's second father-in-law (2014–15)
- Bharat Chawda as ACP Vikram Singh Rathore (2015)
- Zeena Bhatia as Kurti Aapa; a close relative of Chaudhary family (2014–15)
- Purva Parag as Nausheen Khan/Nausheen Sarfaraz Sheikh; Sarfaraz's wife, Zara, Myra & Arzoo's mother, Sahir's second mother-in-law (2014–15)
- Madhumalti Kapoor as Dadi; Sarfaraz's mother, Zara, Myra & Arzoo's grandmother (2014–15)
- Jenice Sobti/Neha Janpandit as Zeenat Azeem Chaudhary/Zeenat Sahir Thakur; Sahir's ex-wife, Alvira & Azeem's daughter, Siraj's younger sister, Zaki's elder sister (2014–15)
- Diana Khan as Myra Sarfaraz Sheikh; Nausheen & Sarfaraz's second daughter, Zara's younger sister, Arzoo's elder sister (2014–15)
- Ruby Dahiya as Zara Sarfaraz Sheikh; Nausheen & Sarfaraz's eldest daughter, Myra & Arzoo's elder sister (2014–15)
- "Sony gears up for two new shows". The Indian Express. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Sony TV to launch new show 'Humsafars' this month". Indian Television. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Harshad Chopda returns with unconventional love story 'Humsafars'". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Harshad Chopda is back with Humsafars". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 August 2018.