Hunan First Normal University
Motto in English
|If you want to be the teacher of the people, you must be the student of the people at first|
|President||Peng Xiaoqi (彭小奇)|
|Location||Yuelu District, Changsha, Hunan Province, People's Republic of China|
Hunan First Normal University (simplified Chinese: 湖南第一师范学院; traditional Chinese: 湖南第一師範學院; pinyin: Húnán Dìyī Shīfàn Xué Yuàn), founded in 1903, is a higher education institution located in Yuelu District, Changsha, Hunan Province, People's Republic of China. In 2003, Mao Zedong's grandson Mao Xinyu visited here, he wrote "Hunan First Normal University is a good school" (一师是个好学校).
Hunan First Normal University covers a total area of 1346 mu, with more than 420,000 square meters of floor space.
The university is divided into 10 colleges.
Notable Alumni and Faculty
- Chen Zizhan (simplified Chinese: 陈子展; traditional Chinese: 陳子展; pinyin: Chen Zizhan), writer, from 1923 to 1927.
- Li Jinxi, educator, from 1913 to 1915.
- Li Da, educator, from 1923 to 1926.
- Pi Xirui (simplified Chinese: 皮锡瑞; traditional Chinese: 皮錫瑞; pinyin: Pi Xirui), poet, from 1903 to 1906.
- Shu Xincheng (Chinese: 舒新城; pinyin: Shu Xincheng), educator, from 1920 to 1921.
- Tan Yankai, politician, from 1905 to 1906.
- Tian Han, poet, from 1921 to 1922.
- Wang Xianqian (simplified Chinese: 王先谦; traditional Chinese: 王先謙; pinyin: Wang Xianqian), educator, from 1903 to 1904.
- Xia Mianzun (Chinese: 夏丏尊; pinyin: Xia Mianzun), educator, writer and translator, from 1920 to 1922.
- Xie Juezai, politician, from 1920 to 1923.
- Mao Zedong, (simplified Chinese: 毛泽东; traditional Chinese: 毛澤東; pinyin: Mao Zedong), politician, Chinese Communist revolutionary and the founding father of the People's Republic of China, from 1920 to 1922.
- Xin Shuzhi (simplified Chinese: 辛树帜; traditional Chinese: 辛樹幟; pinyin: Xin Shuzhi), biologist, from 1920 to 1924.
- Xu Teli (Chinese: 徐特立; pinyin: Xu Teli), educator, from 1913 to 1919.
- Yang Changji, educator, from 1913 to 1918.
- Yang Shuda (simplified Chinese: 杨树达; traditional Chinese: 楊樹達; pinyin: Yang Shuda), educator, from 1914 to 1915.
- Yi Baisha (Chinese: 易白沙; pinyin: Yi Baisha), revolutionist, from 1917 to 1917.
- Zhou Gucheng (simplified Chinese: 周谷城; traditional Chinese: 周穀城; pinyin: Zhou Gucheng), educator, scholar and politician, from 1921 to 1927.
- Cai Hesen, revolutionist, from 1913 to 1915.
- Chen Tianhua, revolutionist, from 1903 to 1903.
- Duan Dechang (Chinese: 段德昌; pinyin: Duan Dechang), revolutionist, from 1924 to 1925.
- Guo Liang (Chinese: 郭亮; pinyin: Guo Liang), revolutionary martyr, from 1920 to 1922.
- He Shuheng, revolutionist, from 1913 to 1914.
- Li Weihan, politician, from 1916 to 1917.
- Liu Chouxi (simplified Chinese: 刘畴西; traditional Chinese: 劉疇西; pinyin: Liu Chouxi), general, from 1920 to 1924.
- Luo Xuezan (simplified Chinese: 罗学瓒; traditional Chinese: 羅學瓚; pinyin: Luo Xuezan), revolutionist, from 1913 to 1918.
- Mao Zedong, revolutionist and politician, from 1913 to 1918.
- Ren Bishi, revolutionist and politician, from 1915 to 1918.
- Tao Zhiyue (simplified Chinese: 陶峙岳; traditional Chinese: 陶峙嶽; pinyin: Tao Zhiyue), general, from 1904 to 1907.
- Yuan Guoping (simplified Chinese: 袁国平; traditional Chinese: 袁國平; pinyin: Yuan Guoping), general, from 1922 to 1925.
- Zhang Guoji (simplified Chinese: 张国基; traditional Chinese: 張國基; pinyin: Zhang Guoji), educator, from 1915 to 1920.
- Zhou Gengsheng (simplified Chinese: 周鲠生; traditional Chinese: 周鯁生; pinyin: Zhou Gengsheng), educator, from 1904 to 1906.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hunan First Normal University.|